Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Randy Knaps is an American musician specializing in the Christian genre.
- He is also a voice actor, as well as the founder and owner of advertising business Media Scope.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Background :
- Randy Knaps was born in 1957 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to Leroy Raymond Knaps (father) and Katy Knaps (mother).
- He has four siblings – sisters Susan Luter and Charmaine Efferson; and brothers Mike ‘Snapper’ Knaps and Mark Knaps.
- Growing up in Louisiana, Knaps attended Baker High School in the town of Baker, California. He graduated in 1975.
- After graduating from Baker High School, Randy attended the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and Louisiana State University (LSU) from 1975 to 1977. While there, he studied music and education.
- On April 25, 1987, Randy married Caroline Russell Knaps. They have three children together: daughter Kendall Knaps and sons Mitchell Knaps and Russell Knaps. Through his son Mitchell, Randy is the father-in-law of Kakie Molesini Knaps.
- After spending most of his in Louisiana, Randy continues to remain loyal to the Pelican state. He resides in Geismar, Louisiana.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Randy’s wife Caroline Russell Knaps, is from Scotland. She works in the real estate business.
- His father, US Army veteran Leroy Raymond Knaps, passed away in 2008. He’d been married to his wife, Katy Knaps, for fifty-four years.
- He remains close to his mother, Katy Knaps. In 2017, he taught her how to use the new iPhone!
- Randy loves performing in whatever capacity is offered to him. From a young age and during his school years, Knaps sang along with his parents at parties and then went on to study music. He was a drummer in several school bands and was a member of school choirs.
Music Career : Earnings, Salary & Net Worth
- Randy’s musical career took off in 1979 when he joined his first band. He was soon a member of three separate bands, and he became involved in both studio work and songwriting. At the same time, he started working on advertising jingles airing on the radio – he played and sang.
- After that initial break in the business, Randy got to meet Leon Medica, who led the traveling music band LeRoux. After joining the ranks of LeRoux, Knaps traveled across the United States on several tours. He was with LeRoux from 1985 until 2007, participating in every tour that the band did.
- He provided vocal work for the hit movie Dirty Dancing and was awarded a gold and platinum album for his extraordinary efforts with it.
- In 1989, Randy founded the company he owns, Media Scope. The company focuses on audio advertising as well as on coaching, and it also has its own recording studio. Randy is in charge of scriptwriting and creative development, as well as providing vocals and coaching. He also specializes in various production roles within the company.
- Since 2006, Randy has also been a solo artist and group vocalist for the Jimmy Swaggart Ministries.