Background Information / Biography Profile
- Kurt Schlichter is a senior columnist & author. He is famously known for his weekly column on political, cultural and military issues at Townhall (dot) com. Schlichter is also a partner of Schlichter & Shonack, LLP, a law firm that focuses on civil litigations and trials.
Early Life & Family :
- Kurt Andrew Schlichter was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, on December 24, 1964.
- At the age of 6 years old, his family moved to San Mateo, California.
- Currently, he lives in El Segundo, Los Angeles, California.
- Kurt graduated in the Bachelor of Arts, Communications and Political Science from the University of California San Diego in 1987.
- From 1991 to 1994, he studied at the Loyola Law School, graduating with a Juris Doctor degree.
- He obtained a Masters in Strategic Studies from the United States Army War College in 2011 after two years of study.
Marriage, Family & Kids :
- Kurt is married to Irina Moises since April 12, 2003.
- They have two children together, an elder daughter Jackie Schlichter & a younger son John Schlichter.
Kurt Schlichter Army, Writing & Author Career :
- After graduating in 1987, Kurt joined the California Army National Guard.
- He served in Operation Desert Storm, the Gulf War and Operation Enduring Freedom (Kosovo) during his time there. He retired from the army in 2015.
- Nevertheless, Kurt never stopped writing. He has been a freelance writer since 1984 for various papers such as The Los Angeles Times, The New York Post, Business Insider and so on.
- Kurt has a weekly column not only for Townhall (dot) com, but also for the Independent Journal Review. He was hired in 2013.
- He is a recurring guest on many radio and television programs, such as Fox News, CNN, and The Hugh Hewitt Show.
Career as a Lawyer :
- Kurt and his business partner Steven C. Shonack founded their law firm in 1994 focusing on civil litigation.
- They pride themselves with clients from Fortune 500 companies and insurers, as well as many small to mid-sized businesses.
- One of the notable cases won by the company was a $3.05 million defamation verdict, one of the largest in California in 1998.
- Kurt is an adjunct professor for business law and litigation in the University of Maryland.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Kurt is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, a society that acknowledges lawyers who have won cases over a million dollars.
- His favorite TV shows are The Simpsons, Community and Parks & Recreation.
- He also holds the rank of Colonel in the California National Army Guard.
- He has also performed many stand-up comedy acts in California in the early 2000s.
Publications & Books Written :
- I Am a Liberal: A Conservative’s Guide to Dealing with Nature’s Most Irritating Mistake (September 16th, 2012)
- I Am a Conservative: Uncensored, Undiluted and Absolutely Un-PC (June 3th, 2012)
- Fetch My Latte: Sharing Feelings With Stupid People (March 5th, 2013)
- Fifty Shades of Liberal (January 6th, 2014)
- Conservative Insurgency: The Struggle to Take America Back 2009-2041 (July 15th, 2014)
- People’s Republic (September 16th, 2016)