Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Lynnette Hardaway is a political commentator, blogger, and online personality best known for her strong support of Republican politician and former US President Donald Trump.
- Outspoken and steadfast in her beliefs, Hardaway has maintained strong Conservative views despite receiving strong backlash on social media and other online platforms for her sometimes controversial views.
Family, Parents & Personal Life :
- Lynnette is the daughter of a renowned televangelist couple who lives in Raeford, North Carolina and is part of the Jericho Deliverance Temple Church.
- She has a sister named Rochelle Richardson and together they formed a popular political commentary channel on YouTube. They are often referred to using their professional names, Diamond and Silk.
Rise to Fame :
- Hardaway, along with her sister grew up in an African American, Christian Democrat family.
- It was not until 2015 that they decided to switch political views and support the Republican Party after watching Donald Trump who was then just a candidate in the presidential race, speaking openly about his “America First” policies.
- Lynnette and her sibling posted a video on the Internet criticizing Megyn Kelly who worked for Fox News at the time, of asking irrelevant and nonsensical questions during the 1st Republican Presidential Televised Debate.
- Since then, the ‘Diamond and Silk’ duo has become very famous, conservative commentators on platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Currently, their YouTube channel & Facebook page have over 350,000 subscribers & their Twitter handle is followed by over a million followers.
Career in Politics :
- Hardaway has made several appearances at political rallies and on television.
- She has appeared alongside her sister at several of Donald Trump’s rallies, including one in Raleigh, North Carolina, and one in Biloxi, Mississippi, in addition to making various appearances on Fox News, a favorite amongst conservative supporters.
- During their TV interviews and rally appearances, Lynnette is often more vocal than her sister, Rochelle, and often acts as the duo’s spokesperson.
- Lynette was at the forefront of criticizing movements like the Ku Klux Klan, Antifa and Black Lives Matter during her and sister Rochelle’s appearance on the show Fox and Friends right after the infamous Charlottesville Unite the Right Rally, which had ended in violence and the running down of protestors by a far-right extremist.
- In both 2016 and 2018, Hardaway and her sister accused social media giant, Facebook of censoring and blocking their page in addition to labeling them “unsafe” for the Facebook community.
- Despite their decision to stand by their claim, it was revealed that there was no evidence suggesting that Facebook had even contacted them let alone, censored or blocked them. The matter was brought up during Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s Congressional testimony in April 2018.
- Because of her and Rochelle’s largely negative opinions regarding social movements such as Black Lives Matter and attacking black people who vote for Democrats, Hardaway is not very popular amongst black Americans and is often criticized by a few online publications for her views on modern race relations.