Lindsay Jordan Doty is a popular travel vlogger on YouTube with over 100K subscribers. She is also well-known as the wife of Phillip DeFranco, another uber-popular YouTube star known for The Phillip DeFranco Show (PDS).
Meeting & Dating : Life as Phillip DeFranco Girlfriend
- Lindsay was born on April 11, 1989, in Atlanta, Georgia.
- She first befriended Philip after watching each other’s YouTube videos in 2007. They began chatting with each other online, and finally met in Washington, DC at a YouTube event in 2007.
- She was then known as Bravesgirl, but the account got hacked. Over the course of 3 years, she changed her account name multiple times before settling with LinzLoves.
- They eventually began dating, and after a few months, Philip made the move into a small apartment in Atlanta to be with her.
- Lindsay got engaged to DeFranco on August 18, 2013, after 5 and a half years of relationship.
The Proposal & Marriage :
- Philip planned for the proposal to be on-stage during his live show of DeFranco Does Arizona, where he had an accomplice disguised as one of the audience to ask the question of when they were going to get married.
- He then went down on his knees, took out the ring he hid in the lectern & popped the question.
- He did one better by inviting her parents on the show to celebrate the special moment together with Lindsay.
- A week after the proposal, Lindsay announced that she was pregnant with their first child. Philip “Trey” DeFranco III was born on April 22, 2014. She revealed that they have been trying for a baby for over a year.
- Lindsay and Philip tied the knot on March 7, 2015, at the Hummingbird Nest Ranch in California.
TV Appearance :
- Lindsay picked her wedding dress on TLC’s popular reality television series “Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta.”
- The show was aired on January 16, 2015, (season 8, episode 6) titled, “I Do… Does Dad?” Lindsay was torn in deciding between two dresses, one more traditional and the other more body fitting. She bought them both in the end – one for the ceremony and the other for the reception. However, she only wore one of them at the end of the day.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- One night in September 2016, her house was broken into while she was in the house, and her husband was coincidentally out of town. However, there were no injuries or loss of belongings.
- Lindsay discovered she was pregnant 3 days before the attempted burglary.
- 2 weeks after the incident, she announced that she suffered a miscarriage via YouTube.
- Nonetheless, she again announced her second pregnancy on February 24, 2017, and successfully delivered a healthy baby on September 8, 2017. They named their second son Carter William DeFranco.
- The DeFrancos currently reside in Los Angeles, together with their 2 Yorkshire Terriers.
- Being a travel vlogger, Lindsay is a seasoned traveller. Since the inception of her current YouTube account in 2010, she has documented her travels to London, Rome, Pompeii, the Vatican, Florence, Venice, Paris, Bangkok, Dubai, and Peru.