|Personal Information Summary
|Lauren Southern ( Also known as : Laura Southern )
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Dating / Boyfriend
|Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB
|15th June 1995. As of 2024, she is around 29 years old.
|Are Lauren Southern and Destiny friends?
|The creators are not friends. Destiny is a social-democratic progressive, while Lauren is an alt-right conservative.
|Children / No of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
Lauren Southern is a conservative and libertarian activist from Canada. She is also a book author, political commentator, and writer. Appreciated for her commentary on feminism, free speech & immigration, Lauren was a well-known writer and YouTube host for The Rebel Media, a Canadian online media company.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Lauren’s full name is Lauren Cherie Southern. She was born on June 15, 1995.
- She was born in Surrey, British Columbia and she currently resides in Toronto.
- She studied political science at the University of the Fraser Valley. She didn’t finish her degree, since she decided to leave it after two years to focus on her political activism.
- After stepping out of public life in 2019, Lauren is now married & has one child. She has not revealed further details.
Career : Lauren Southern Salary and Net Worth
- Lauren Southern was a candidate in the Canadian Federal Election representing the Libertarian Party of Canada in the district of Langley in 2015.
- Her campaign was suspended after her protest of a “SlutWalk” went viral. The party leader, Tim Moen, expressed that her actions had “broken message discipline.” Around ten Libertarian candidates resigning or threatening to resign followed after this scandal and a week later she was restored to her position as a candidate by her party.
- Lauren has contributed to a number of programs and websites including CBC radio, BBC Radio, The Libertarian Republic, Spiked Online, IB Times and Sky News.
- She left The Rebel in March, 2017, to go her own way independently.
- She published her book Barbarians: How The Baby Boomers, Immigration, and Islam Screwed my Generation in January 2017.
- In June 2019, Southern announced her retirement from all walks of political activism. She has stated that she would like to find fulfillment in other areas of her life henceforth.
Controversies and Interesting Facts :
- Lauren expressed when talking about religion that she is “searching” as an answer to whether she is a Christian.
- An avid reader and lover of liberty, individuality and responsibility.
- She strongly opposes “social justice warriors” and “third wave feminism”.
- She expressed support for Donald Trump & seems to be supporting Nigel Farage.
- In 2017, Southern was kicked off the community funding site “Patreon” rumoredly because for her association with the Defend Europe campaign.
Current News :
- The Anti-Fascist News expressed that she is a supporter of the alt-right “who brings in a lot of their ideas and their cultural behavior without committing to the hard white nationalism”. What she said regarding the alt-right was that it is really hard not to sympathize with a lot of the alt-right causes as she aligns with a lot of them.
- At the same time, she rejected her description as an alt-right journalist. In her tweet from September 2016, she even used alt-right as a derogatory term, stating in a sarcastic way: “Wow, the alt-right is really growing on Canadian campuses” in regards to the video of The Rebel Media’s pranking college students where they asked them to sign a petition demanding authorities to “stamp out women’s suffrage” and they agreed, obviously having no idea what “suffrage” even means.
- She’s made a habit of throwing herself into spaces where visible minorities are speaking out about their rights and demanding they explain their political positions and teach her why she’s wrong.