Faith Goldy is a journalist & a devout Catholic, who has based her career on her own beliefs regarding family values, freedom and firearms. She was a regular host on the YouTube channel Rebel Media before she was fired in August 2017.
Family Background & Early Life :
- Family : Faith was born in a strong Catholic family, in 1989 just outside of Toronto, Canada.
- Her father worked as an accountant, while her mother volunteered at the local church.
- As they stayed outside the city, she grew up with a fairly large-sized yard and as a result spend most of her childhood outdoors.
- Education : She attended Havergal College for her high school education, and was said to excel in both English and Debate.
- After graduating from high school, she was offered a place at the University of Toronto, where she eventually graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in journalism.
- As of 2017, she mentioned that she is not dating and that she doesn’t believe in sex before marriage. She looks up to her parents and praises them for providing her with a strong Catholic upbringing.
Faith Goldy Rebel Media Work :
- As of 2017, she is working for ‘The Rebel Media,’ a venture started by her former colleague at “Sun News,” Ezra Levant.
- The goal of Rebel Media is to deliver a media platform that contains right wing, Canadian political & social commentary both online and via radio.
- The company was founded in February of 2015, after Levant left the Sun News Network. He has said he handpicked Goldy in this venture as he admired her morals.
- With Rebel Media, Goldry hosted a weekly podcast called The Hunt. In Aug 2017, she was reportedly fired from the organization.
Social Media Presence & Other Trivia :
- Goldy has gained fame for expressing her political and religious views via social media.
- Twitter : under the handle of @faithgoldry, and as of 2017 has 45,000+ followers.
- She uses the same handle for her Instagram account, which currently has 10,000+ followers.
- Faith uses the platforms to express her desire for the world to embrace religion more thoroughly and to criticise the left-wing politicians of the world.
- In 2016, when asked how she reacts to her strong opinions losing her followers, she simply replied “Jesus only had 12 followers, and look what he accomplished.”
- In March of 2017, she caused controversy on Twitter when, while reporting from Bethlehem, she recorded the Islamic call to prayer that is heard throughout the city and seemed to suggest the world was ‘ready’ for another Christian Crusade so that they could take back this city.
- Since 2017, she is on the board of directors for the Sheptytsky Institute of Eastern Christian Studies.
- In 2018, Goldy ran for the mayor of Toronto, and finished third in the elections.
Programmes, Salary, Net Worth & Career :
Over the span of her media career, she has worked or appeared in the following networks / shows :
- Bell Media’s Newstalk 1010
- Vision TV
- Zoomer Radio
- The Catholic Register
- Toronto Sun
- The Blaze
- Laura Ingraham Radio Show
- Sun News Network
- National Post
- Chorus Radio’s AM 640