Bio Profile / Wikipedia Information
Rachel Sutherland is an American journalist and reporter. She works as the Washington correspondent for Fox Radio.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Rachel grew up in the state of Virginia and attended the Gar-Field Senior High School in Prince William County from 1987 to 1990.
- In 1991, she relocated to Fairfax, Virginia, where she attended the George Mason University. She graduated in 1994 with a Bachelor of Arts in Speech and Communication.
- Currently, she resides in Washington, D.C.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- From September 1999 to June 2001, Rachel worked as the morning show co-host and reporter at the WRNN News Talk Radio in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
- From June 2001 to August 2002, she worked as the morning show co-host and DJ for the Mid-Atlantic Network’s WINC-FM in Winchester, Virginia.
- From July 2003 to October 2004, she was a newscaster for The Voice of America.
- Following that, she spent six years as an anchor and reporter for Metro Networks and Westwood One. In September 2008, she became the news director for Metro Networks and remained in that role until January 2012.
- From February 2007 to January 2012, she joined the ABC Network as a writer and editor for ABC News Radio in Washington, D.C.
- In January 2012, Rachel started working for the Talk Radio Network as a co-anchor on America’s Radio News, until September 2013.
- From September 2013 to March 2014, she was a news anchor and reporter for WMAL Radio, based in Washington, D. C.
- Since March 2014, Sutherland has been the Washington correspondent for Fox News Radio in Washington, D.C. In this role, she covers the trifecta of the White House, the Pentagon, and Capitol Hill. She was also part of the team covering the 2016 Presidential Election campaign, during which she traveled all across the country.
Trivia, Height & Facts :
- Rachel joined Twitter in March 2014, and has since gathered over 10,000 followers, many of whom she follows back.
- While working for ABC News Radio, Rachel was also the acting director of the DC bureau. She also cut tapes and wrote headlines that would be used on air.
- At Metro Networks, Rachel not only provided reports but also managed staff, particularly a team of five reporters employed full-time by the company, as well as three freelancers.
- She is described by various colleagues, both former and current, as a kind and driven woman who is greatly versatile in matters of journalism.
- Rachel has steadily grown in the ranks of broadcast journalism and is now very happy to be covering politics straight from the source in Washington, D. C.
- She has extensively covered President Trump’s White House and has collaborated with various other radio stations.
- Rachel’s favorite flower is the sunflower & she is fond of horses as well.
- She attended the 2018 White House Correspondents Dinner.
- Her work has taken her to many places, such as funerals of prominent state figures and military aircraft carriers.