Alicia Wright is a spokeswoman and MTV personality, best known for appearing on season 5 of Are You The One.
Alicia AYTO : Family, Education & Parents
- Alicia was born on January 7, 1993, in New Jersey into a large family.
- She was the oldest child in her family, and as such, she acted as another parent to her siblings.
- She has said that having this role within her family has left her with a strong sense of responsibility.
- Alicia Wright Parents : Her parents have stated she had a strong passion for animals from a young age, and would continuously bring wounded pets home from the pound. She worked hard to nurse them back to health and then found them new homes.
- , Unlike her AYTO co-stars, Alicia did not grow up with a desire for the limelight. Straight out of high school, her passion for animals led to her working in a Veterinary Hospital.
- While working there, she also began studying to be a dentist, following in her father’s footsteps who has worked as a dentist for over 30 years.
Alicia Wright AYTO – Are You The One Stint :
- Alicia came to public attention for her participation in the showAre You The One in Season 5. It aired from January 11, 2017, to March 15, 2017.
- Alicia came into the show described as the overly responsible one & the producers pitched her to the audiences with the concept of ‘will she let her guard down enough to find love, or will she just be a challenge?.’
- She regularly clashed with fellow contestant Taylor Selfridge, who accused Alicia of attempting to ‘steal’ Andre Siemers.
- Alicia revealed to the cameras often that she thought Taylor was the fakest on the show and the two would not be friends outside of the series.
- In the finale, her perfect match was revealed to be Mike Cerasini. Although the two were linked throughout the season, as of 2017 it is confirmed that they are not dating.
Alicia Wright Model & Life after AYTO Career :
- Aside from appearing on theAre You The One promotional tour, as per her MTV contract requirement, she has kept a relatively low profile since the show aired which has led many to believe that she returned to her dentistry studies.
- Although she was featured in an editorial for US Weekly, she has said she has no plans to pursue a modeling career.
- She is a promoter and spokeswoman for TeaMi Blends, a tea that is marketed as having 7 unique blends that allow its drinkers to live a healthier and happier model.
Interesting Facts, Height & Controversy :
- Through her Instagram profile @lavida_alicia, Alicia admitted to her 75,000+ followers on 9th May 2017 that she had been in hospital for an undisclosed health issue & asked them to please respect her privacy.