Wikipedia Information / Details Profile
Introduction & Early Life :
- Kari Kowalski is a reality TV personality, best known for appearing on Season 5 of Are You The One as the ‘smart one.’
- Born in 1994, she was raised in Manhatten, New York.
- From a young age, Kari was described as an intelligent child with a bubbly personality.
- She has said that ever since she was a child, she dreamed of being a doctor.
- Kari was accepted into Birmingham University (BU) straight out of high school and went on to graduate with honors from the university with a double-major in Integrative Neuroscience and English.
- During her time at BU, she worked as an on-campus Resident Assistant (RA) in the Dickinson Community and was also a pledged member of the Phi Mu sorority.
Career & MTV’s Are You The One :
- Kari came to public attention for her participation in the show Are You The One in season 5. It aired from January 11, 2017, to March 15, 2017.
- Although it aired in 2017, the series was shot in late 2016.
- Are You The One is an American reality-dating program that MTV created. The concept of the show is that 20 contestants (10 male and 10 female) are sent to a tropical paradise, and they must work together to find their perfect match of the other sex.
- If the contestants manage to guess the 10 perfect matches by the end of the season, they are awarded $1 million to be split amongst them.
- The season that Kari was a part of was shot in Cabarete, Dominican Republic. It was considered the most popular as the contestants failed to match correctly in the finale, meaning they did not win any prize money.
- Other notable names to come from that season include Taylor Selfridge, Andre Siemers, Hayden Weaver and Ozzy Morales.
- Early on in the season, she was paired with Michael Halpern, and the two discovered they were a perfect match. Although they spent quite a lot of time together during filming, it has been confirmed that currently, they are not dating.
TV Dreams Prior to AYTO :
- Although her degree had her angling towards the medical field, Kari has said she always had an interest in a TV career.
- At the age of 22, she applied to go on to ABC’s The Bachelor. She made it through to the audition stage but was unsuccessful.
- During the auditions, Kowalski realized she was the youngest one there, which in turn made her believe she was ‘acting crazy’ by trying to get onto that show.
- Shortly after, a fellow RA at Birmingham University told her about Are You The One. After they described the process, she decided to apply as a bit of fun and was surprised when she learned she was successful.