Casandra Martinez is an MTV personality, best known for appearing on season 5 ofAre You The One and her Instagram fame using the handle @CrankThatCas.
Casandra AYTO : Family, Nationality & Parents
- Casandra was born May 16, 1994, in Seabrook, Texas.
- Shortly after her birth, her family relocated to Houston and she was raised there.
- She was accepted into the San Antonio University of Texas straight out of high school and was known around the campus as a bubbly pocket rocket due to her small stature, standing at just under 5’5.”
- At university, she did try out for 2 sororities, but she never pledged. She has stated that was due to other girls being jealous of her confidence.
Casandra Are You The One Stint :
- Casandra came to public attention for her participation in the showAre You The One in season 5. It aired from January 2017 to March 2017.
- She unfortunately did not find her perfect match in the series, but due to her popularity – she was immediately cast in anAre You The One spin off.
- The spin-off was titled ‘Second Chances’ and was filmed in Melbourne, Australia, and she was a regular at many Melbourne nightclubs during its filming.
- The show premiered March 22, 2017 and she was paired with fellow season 5 contestant Derrick Henry.
- Unfortunately, they were the first team eliminated from the series.
Casandra Martinez Surgery :
- Casandra sprung to social media fame in early 2016 thanks to her Instagram handle @CrankThatCas but also due to a local Texas news story that circulated around her.
- For Valentine’s Day that year, she had decided to give her then fiancé the gift of increasing her breast size. With the help of surgeon Dr. Franklin, she went from a small A cup to a full B cup. As her fiancé at the time was a US Navy Officer, a local news network covered the story. The 2 later split prior to her auditioning for Are You The One.
- There were rumours circulating at the time that as her previous fiancé was a Navy Officer, his appearance in the news story in uniform was considered disrespectful and he would have to face Military court.
- When asked about it, Casandra said that was a crazy rumour that got out of control and he did not get in trouble for it, however, she is grateful for the rumour as it brought more people to her Instagram account.
Interesting Facts :
- Since the show aired, rumours have circulated and hinted at romances between her and 2 of her season 5 contestants, Mike Cesario and Derrick Henry.
- She has confirmed that her and Derrick are just friends, but there has been no official comment on her relationship with Mike.