|Personal Information Summary|
|Mother / Mom||Gayle Gaines.|
|Siblings||He has one elder sister named Shannon.|
|Hometown||Albuquerque, New Mexico|
|How many animals do Chip and Joanna Gaines have?||Chip and Joanna Gaines have 60 animals on their farm.|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||Born in 1974. As of 2023, he is around 49 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Spouse / Engagement / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||5|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Profile Background / Biography Wikipedia
- Chip Gaines is an American businessman & owner of the Magnolia business empire, together with his wife, Joanna. The business is made up of many subdivisions – Magnolia Realty, Magnolia Market, Magnolia Homes and Magnolia Villas.
- Joanna & Chip are better known as the stars in HGTV show Fixer Upper. It features the couple and their business of remodeling homes in Waco, Texas. The show lasted five seasons with the finale airing on April 4, 2018.
Personal Life : Siblings and Family
- Born in 1974 in Albuquerque, New Mexico, Chip spent a lot of time growing up on his grandfather’s farm in North Texas. He is a cowboy at heart and is not afraid of hard, physical work. He grew up along with his parents & older sister Shannon.
- Education : He attended Hankamer School of Business at Baylor University, graduating with a degree in marketing and business administration in 1998.
- While in college, Chip showed his entrepreneurial streak, running a few businesses.
- There was Green and Gold Wash and Fold, a laundry service and a renovation service for rental properties. Both were geared to college students. Chip also owned a fireworks stand and multiple landscaping companies.
Relationship with Joanna : Life Before Marriage
- Both Chip and Joanna attended the same college, but they did not meet there. Joanna’s dad owned an automotive store where Chip was a customer. He saw a picture of Joanna and knew he was going to marry her!
- It took several visits before he got to meet Joanna and the pair eventually began dating. In one of their first dates, Chip climbed a magnolia tree, plucked a bloom and gave it to Joanna.
- The magnolia will always have special significance in their lives. For every house they remodeled, Chip will plant a magnolia tree!
- Six months into the relationship, Chip went on a holiday for a few months in Mexico while Joanna volunteered to look after his business. Midway through, Joanna rang him giving him an ultimatum of three days to come back to Texas, as she could not believe what a big mess his business was.
- Needless to say, Chip went straight home and apologized. The couple got married in 2003 at Earle-Harrison House.
Married Life and Children :
- The first year of marriage was hard for the couple, as they were living off the wad of cash in Chip’s back pocket.
- They renovated and flipped their honeymoon house and it was the start of their business.
- Chip was the construction and renovation expert, while Joanna was the designer which brings together the look of their home. Their strengths complimented each other and soon led to a flourishing business empire.
- Currently, the pair live in Waco, Texas, and have five children – two girls and three boys. The kids’ names are Drake Gaines, Crew Gaines, Ella Rose Gaines, Emmie Kay Gaines and Duke Gaines.
- In January 2018, Chip and Joanna announced they were expecting their fifth child. Baby boy Crew was born in October 2018.
HGTV Fixer Upper : Reality TV Fame and Net worth
- Chip and Joanna’s home was featured as a house tour in a blog called Design Mom.
- Impressed by the look of their home, the HGTV network contacted Joanna about the possibility of producing a show.
- The reality show Fixer Upper became an unexpected hit and gained many fans. Fans would often come to Waco, Texas, to just say hello or want to have a beer with them.
- After five successful years, both Chip and Joanna decided to call it quits. Chip recalled that a tweet that came at 2 A.M. asking about a late delivery. This was what it took for him to realize that he needed to recalibrate himself.
- He realized that Jo and he were tired and they should focus more on their family and business.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Chip’s secret talent is juggling and his favorite food is chicken fried steak.
- After quitting the show, his aim is to run a marathon. He did try running 1.7 miles and failed miserably. Now he is getting a training plan together.
- Chip shaved his long locks for charity in November 2017. All donations collected were for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- Chip Gaines Real Name / Full Name : –
- Chip Gaines Haircut : He has had a variety of haircuts during the course of the show. Currently, he sports long hair.
Sick / Health Update :
- He has no major illness or sickness to date and seems to be in good health.
Personal / Home Details
- How tall is Chip Gaines Height : 5′10″
- Marital Status / Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 5
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Jennifer Farrell Age【 Designer 】Husband, Net worth, Height, Wiki Bio
Aubrey Marunde Age, Wikipedia Bio, Net worth, Birthday【 Realtor 】
Cari Cucksey Age, Biography Wikipedia, Husband, Married, HGTV Store
Joanna Gaines Age, Wiki, Sister, Furniture, Net worth, Mom Dad【 Bio 】
Maria Provenzano Age, Wikipedia, Net worth, Biography, Family, Parents
Sarah Keenleyside Age, Husband, Bio, Wiki, Married, Baby, Wikipedia
Jasmine Roth Wikipedia, Husband, Age, Married, Net worth【 HGTV 】
Trecie Wheat Hughes Age, Married, Husband【 Wikipedia Bio 】HGTV
Tania Nayak Wiki, Husband, Age, Net worth【 Wikipedia Bio 】Wedding