Ali Gorman is an American journalist and registered nurse. She is currently working in Philadelphia for 6ABC Action News, where she reports on health and medicine.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Ali Gorman was born on September 22, 1976, and grew up in Voorhees in Southern New Jersey.
- She is the youngest of four daughters born to her parents.
- Ali attended and graduated from Eastern Regional High School in Voorhees, NJ.
- After her high school graduation, she attended Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Studies in Washington, D. C, from 1993 to 1997, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing which registered her as a nurse.
- While at Georgetown, Ali was a ‘Hoya,’ a member of the university’s athletics teams.
- She then attended Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, from 2003 to 2004, earning a Master’s degree from the Medill School of Journalism.
Work as a Nurse :
- After graduating from Georgetown, Ali worked as a Registered Nurse (RN) for five years.
- From 1997 to 2001, Ali served as an officer of the ‘Nurse Corps’ in the US Navy. She was at the Great Lakes Naval Training Center and then at the Great Lakes Naval Hospital in Chicago, Illinois, working in the gynaecology department.
- After her stint in the Navy, Ali took a job as an IV nurse at St Vincent’s Medical Center in New York.
- Following that, she took on a role as staff nurse at the Beth Israel Medical Center, working within the oncology/haematology department.
Broadcasting Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Switching from her nursing career, Gorman first appeared on-air while working as a reporter for WILX-TV in Lansing, Jackson, Michigan, from 2004 to 2006.
- She also worked in Jacksonville, Florida, from 2006 to 2008, reporting for WTEV/WAWS.
- In March 2008, Ali relocated to Philadelphia, closer to her family home, and started her current job for WPVI-TV, ABC’s Philadelphia network. She regularly appears on the 5 pm and 11 pm slots, reporting on matters of health, medicine, and fitness.
- Ali also volunteered as a nurse for Project Medishare in Haiti in April 2012, which involved helping out at a Port-au-Prince clinic. While there, she assisted patients and also reported for 6ABC straight from the clinic; this brought together two of her great passions together – Nursing and journalism!
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Ali credits her cousin, a nurse, with inspiring her to pursue nursing as a career.
- She stated that though she loved working in healthcare, she wasn’t content just being in a hospital and needed more creative work, which led her to follow the path of journalism.
- Gorman’s nursing experience and her love for educating on the matter of healthcare made her an ideal candidate for the health reporter opening at 6ABC.
- Ali’s parents live in Berlin, New Jersey, and she enjoys being close to her family, as she spends most of her free time with them.
- She lost her older sister, Amy, to breast cancer in 2015. Despite being several years cancer-free, Amy’s cancer returned despite undergoing bilateral surgery, chemo, and radiation. Amy had two daughters.
- A self-confessed ‘health nut,’ Gorman often updates fitness stories to her Instagram.
- She has known her best friend, Mia Jung, for over thirty years.
Ali Gorman Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall is Ali Gorman Height : 5′ 3″
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : 9
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting.
- Did Ali Gorman Adopt a Baby / Have a baby : Many queries regarding this, but after scanning the latest media reports and her social media accounts, we couldn’t find anything conclusive.
- Ali Gorman Married? : No confirmed information available.
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American