Amy Fadool is an American sports journalist, anchor, and reporter who currently works for NBC Sports Philadelphia.
Personal Life : Family and Education
- Amy Elizabeth Fadool was born on July 27, 1977, in Richmond, Virginia, to parents Phyllis Bennett Fadool (mother) and Tony Fadool (father).
- Her mom, Phyllis Bennett Fadool, died in 1982 when Amy was only five years old.
- Amy’s dad, Tony, later married Winnie Perry. Amy is very close to her stepmother and refers to her as her second mother.
- Amy had a brother, Michael Thomas Fadool, who passed away suddenly in 2013. She also has two step-brothers, Lewis and Perry Williams, and a step-sister, Elizabeth Turner Williams.
- Raised in Virginia, Amy attended the Midlothian High School in Chesterfield County. She is still in touch with some of her fellow classmates and helped organize the Class of ’95 Reunion by setting up the website and donation pages.
- After high school, she moved a couple of states over to attend the University of Kentucky. She graduated with a degree in Broadcast Journalism, specializing in sports journalism.
- She has been married to Sean Kane, senior producer at NBC Sports Philadelphia, since 2012. Amy has two sons with Sean: Sean Kane Jr. (born in October 2014), and Baker Timothy Kane (born in October 2020).
- She resides in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, with her husband and children.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Amy had an internship at WKYT when she was a senior at the University of Kentucky. She then received a full-time position there once she graduated. She was an editor, producer, and writer for the network during her time there.
- Following her stint in Kentucky, she moved to Nashville, Tennessee, to work for WZTV as a weekend sports anchor.
- After working in Kentucky for two years, Amy moved to Baltimore, Maryland, where she became part of the team at WBFF. She was a weekend anchor there and also reported on the Baltimore Orioles baseball team and the Baltimore Ravens football team.
- In 2009, Fadool joined NBC Sports Philadelphia (formerly known as Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia) as a reporter for all Philadelphia sports and as an occasional news anchor. She also occasionally writes for the company’s website.
- She was also the co-host of Philly Sports Talk until it stopped airing in 2019.
- As of 2020, Fadool is the host of the Sixers Pre Game Live and Sixers Post Game Live.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Known for her sarcasm and humorous approach, Amy often uses memes to complement her sports updates on her Twitter feed.
- Aside from sports, she is a huge animal lover & regularly features animals that need adopting on her social media.
- Amy is the chairperson of the Philly Golf Classic – an annual golf tournament with proceeds going to the American Cancer Society. The tournament offers a day of golf at one of two championship courses, dinner and cocktails, and a grand prize raffle – this year’s prize is a golf trip for two to Ireland.
- In high school, she ran the lunch counter at a pharmacy in Virginia.
- Amy received a mid-Atlantic Emmy award in 2013 for exceptional on-camera talent and sports anchoring.
- She has loved sports since she was a child, especially as the youngest of five children in her family. When asked in an interview which sport was her favorite to report on, Amy answered football and college basketball. The former because she enjoyed it at every age and level, the latter because of her time at the basketball powerhouse The University of Kentucky.
It’s very important for Amy to represent women in the still male-driven world of sports journalism. When she was studying in Kentucky, Amy only had one other female classmate in the sports specialization of her broadcast journalism degree. She wants to lead by example and support other women, especially in the industry, every chance she gets.
Amy Fadool Measurements :
- Eye Color : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Color : Blonde
- How tall / Height : 5’ 9” (verified from her Twitter)
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Amy Fadool Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 2
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American