Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
Sarah Bloomquist is an award-winning American anchor and reporter for 6ABC Action News.
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Born in 1972 in Ohio, Sarah attended Miami University in Oxford, Ohio.
- She graduated with major in History and a minor in French. Later, she went on to study for her Masters degree in Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
- Sarah has a long time partner, Justin Shaginaw, who is a physical therapist. The couple has a daughter born in 2012 and they live in Center City.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Sarah started her career as a weekend anchor and a general news reporter with WTVG, an ABC affiliate in Toledo, Ohio.
- She then joined 6ABC Action News in 2002. While with Action News, she covered a number of major events. She was once reporting live during a sniper scare in Maryland!
- Sarah also followed the Philadelphia Eagles and their diehard fans when the team made a bid for Super Bowl in 2002-2003.
- A respected panellist, Bloomquist has moderated discussions on sensitive topics such as the city’s school crisis
- She uses her social media channels to often post thought-provoking news such as Bill Crosby’s guilty verdict to start a discussion.
- In December 2020, she celebrated her 25th year anniversary with ABC News.
Awards & Achievements :
- Sarah was named Best Reporter in Ohio by Associated Press in 2001.
- In 2002, due to their tireless work and coverage of the September 11th attacks in New York, Sarah won an Associated Press award for the Spot News Category.
- Was also nominated for two Emmy Awards for covering Ground Zero.
Life Outside Work :
- Bloomquist spent Mother’s Day in 2018 watching NYC ballet at Lincoln Center with her mother. She obviously has a close relationship with her mom. When she discovered Funfetti cake, she had to call her mom to check whether mom ever heard of Funfetti.
- Being a mother of a young daughter, Sarah is keen on the topic of empowering women. She attended the Tory Burch Foundation’s Embrace Ambition Summit in New York. Sarah remarked it was a great summit where she learned a lot from strong women on breaking stereotypes and understanding implicit bias.
- Sarah also won 6ABC Action News NCAA pool with prize money of US$430.50. She was pleased and surprised with the win because she only filled in the form minutes before the deadline.