Italian-American Alicia Vitarelli is currently an anchor for the 6ABC WPV1-TV Network in Philadelphia. She is most frequently seen on their program 6ABC Action News.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Alicia was born on January 1st, 1978, in New York City.
- Even in her youth, Alicia has always been a storyteller. She spent her younger years writing newspapers and short stories and doing musical performances.
- Her mother, Elizabeth, was a director of nursing at a health care center in Delray Beach. Her father, Albert, retired as the president of the car manufacturer Ford in Manhattan.
- In 2007, she married Matthew Pantaleno, and together they had their first daughter Priscila Isabelle in 2014. The couple had got married at Our Lady of Angels Church in Brooklyn.
- Matthew’s work experience includes being the Executive Director of Staten Island Community Television & a professor of communications at St. John’s University.
College & Education :
- As a high school student, Alicia wrote for the teenage section of her local newspaper – The Staten Island Advance. Falling in love with newspaper reporting, she decided that when she goes to college, she would combine that passion with her love for performing.
- Alicia attended Villanova University, and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree and honors in communications, with a minor in Spanish. Later, she earned a Master’s in Broadcast Journalism from Northwestern University’s Medill School of Journalism.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- For six years, Vitarelli worked as an anchor & reporter for NY1 News in Manhattan.
- Then, for two and a half years, she was both morning and afternoon anchor for News 12 in New Jersey. She also hosted the programs, Buck Wild and Best Kept Secrets of New Jersey. The latter, a program uncovering hidden beauty spots across the state, earned her an Emmy nomination.
- Currently, she is a co-anchor for Action News Philadelphia, having joined the team in 2010. She also produces a weekly family food segment for Action News at 4.
- She also has some radio experience, and was a co-host of the Dennis and Michele Show on New Jersey 101.5 alongside Dennis Malloy.
Awards & Recognition :
- Alicia was awarded the Grand Marshal of the North Wildwood Italian American Parade and Festival. She was also named the Italian-American Woman of the Year, by the Centre for Italian and Italian-American Culture.
- In the past she has been nominated for an Emmy.
Trivia & Fun Facts :
- The online magazine Philadelphia congratulated her on the birth of her daughter and highlighted how good she looked in her post-birth picture. Alicia could be seen with “perfect hair, perfect makeup, and a burgundy blouse.
- The one person Vitarelli would most like to interview is any US President, current or one in the past.
- Outside of work, Alicia likes foreign travel, cooking, discovering new restaurants in her town, fine dining, and spending time with her family.
- Alicia Vitarelli Illness / Health Update / Sick : In 2019, Alicia slipped and hit her head on a bathroom door of a cruise ship. She avoided medical help for a few weeks. However, she had trouble reading the teleprompter as she saw black spots around her eyes. Physicians confirmed it as an effect of concussion. Alicia had lots of ear fluid but it was not infected. She went home with antibiotics prescribed by a Physician. Within a month she felt energetic but again started having serious headaches. She saw many other doctors who told her that recovery from a concussion may take several months. The condition with ears got worse. On March 11, she went on to meet an ear doctor Stefan Kieserman in New York. Fluids in her ears were not able to drain properly through her vessels. Kieserman prescribed antibiotics with steroids and also proposed inserting drainage tubes in her eardrums. While visiting Kieserman, she also consulted a Philadelphia-based chiropractor Casey D’Arcy. X-rays revealed that Vitarelli’s neck vertebrae were out of alignment after her head injury. D’Arcy performed a series of chiropractic adjustments and also prescribed stretching exercises. By May 2019, she recovered and went back on air.
Alicia Vitarelli Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Black
- How tall is Alicia Vitarelli Height : 5′ 5″
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Alicia Vitarelli Weight Loss : A few queries regarding this, but we could not find anything conclusive. Back in Jan 2013, Alicia had tweeted that “Officially back to my exercise routine after the holidays. Took a little nudge, but happy to be back on track”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : No confirmed information available.
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White (Italian-American)
- Nationality : American