Jamie Apody is an American journalist and presenter who specializes in sports reporting. Currently, she is working as a sports anchor for 6ABC.
Family, Education & Personal Life :
- Jamie Lynne Apody was born in California. Her hometown is Calabasas on the West Coast, but she had to switch coasts due to work.
- She was into basketball growing up and practiced karate for twenty years. She even got her black belt in Tang Soo Do at the age of 13.
- Jamie got married to her husband Paul Coleman in November 2011. The couple has three children named Tanner, Chase, and Brayden. Brayden is her youngest son and was born in May 2017. He was a huge baby and weighed six pounds eleven ounces at birth.
- Apody graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) with a Bachelor’s in Communication Studies.
Connection to Holocaust :
- Jamie is the granddaughter of Holocaust survivors; therefore, she considers it an obligation to raise awareness around the topic. She spoke at the “Yom Hashoah program” in 2017.
- In her case, her paternal and maternal grandparents, coming from Hungary and Czechoslovakia, were survivors of the death camps.
- Her two grandmothers had first met in Auschwitz, and Alex, her mother’s father, was one of nine siblings who all survived the genocide. She recalls that the man would become emotional at even mundane events, but “it never made sense until she became older and learned of the things he had gone through in the concentration camps.”
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Jamie began her career as a sports producer at KNBC in Los Angeles, where she covered the NBA and the Lakers.
- She also worked in El Paso, Texas, as the Sports Director at KDBC. One of their most honored sports journalists, Jamie, was named the 2005 “Sportscaster of the Year.”
- Since 2006 she has been a reporter/anchor at the Action News sports team.
- Apody was also named to the Board of Directors for JDRF – the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
Trivia & Fun Facts :
- Jamie is passionate about sports. On her Facebook page, she claims her hobbies are “watching sports, playing sports and talking about sports”!
- Although Jamie had no actual connection to the disease, she was chosen as a member of the board of the JDRF. She became involved with one of the events because the 6ABC was a sponsor, and “she fell in love with the kids.”
- Jamie is committed to charity. She devotes some of her time to various Breast Cancer charities, as her mother and grandmother both had two bouts with Breast Cancer.
- When she can take some time from being a mother and her journalistic duties, she enjoys going to schools or sports teams to talk about her job and the amazing things she has experienced in her career.
- The reporter has two favorite stories from her career: one was when she suited up to take batting practice with the Phils at Spring Training in 2007, and the other one, probably the best one, according to her, when she covered the “Phils 2008 World Series.” She was able to travel with the team throughout the playoffs and was there for the final spray of champagne.
- In August 2019, Jamie moved to a new house and she also had a new hairstyle.
- In her life, Jamie has never smoked a cigarette. The raspy voice she has is inherited from her parents. Even two of her sons have a similar voice.
- How tall is Jamie Apody Height : 5′ 5″