Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Danielle Grant, a shiny-haired brunette with impeccable fashion sense, is a meteorologist at the Colorado-based news station 9NEWS.
- She loves all things nature-related, and can be seen during the mornings and at 5:00, 9:00, and 10:00 p.m. on the weekends.
Personal Life & Family :
- Before beginning her career, Danielle grew up in San Diego, California. She spent most of her life in the state, but nevertheless does not consider it home.
- To her, that place is Colorado, where she spent summers with her family in Pagosa Springs and learned how to snowboard at Wolf Creek.
- Now that she lives there, Grant takes advantage of that love and routinely hikes, bikes, snowboards, and even horseback rides with her husband and family whenever possible.
Education & College :
- Danielle attended California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, California.
- There, she earned a degree in Broadcast Journalism and was also able to intern for a local NBC affiliate KSBY-TV, where she learned how to handle the behind-the-scenes factors of network TV.
- After moving and beginning her first job, Grant decided to go back to school at Mississippi State University to study broadcast meteorology. Now a certified meteorologist, Grant is working toward her National Weather Association, or NWA seal.
Professional Timeline : Salary & Net Worth
- Grant’s first job post-college was with ABC’s KIFI Local News 8. After graduation, she packed up a car and drove off to Idaho Falls, Idaho, where she encountered weather unlike anything she had experienced in California.
- Her work in Idaho sparked a love of weather patterns and chasing storms, and prompted her to go back to college.
- After obtaining her second degree from Mississippi State University, Grant went on to get a new job at CBS’s KREM-TV in Spokane, Washington.
- There, she forecasted the weather, reported live, and anchored the news at the station.
- In 2013, Grant left KREM-TV and moved to Denver, Colorado, to join 9NEWS as a full-time meteorologist.
- Her travels throughout the Northwest have brought her through some intense weather patterns, allowing her to report live on the 2013 Black Forest Fire, Colorado’s most devastating forest fire to date.
- She also reported on the Front Range floods and on some of the largest snowstorms Colorado has ever seen, earning her an Emmy nomination for her work.
- Grant very much enjoys the spontaneity that comes with her job and hopes to continue her work for a long time.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Grant not only loves Mother Nature and spending time outdoors but also loves God and is a member of Go Church Today, a Christian organization geared toward making Christianity more approachable to younger members.
- To her, God and nature are connected, and she has no qualms about sharing her beliefs with others.
- Her and her husband, Bill, also have a dog together, a basset hound named Walter, that even has his own Instagram account!