Wikipedia Bio / Profile Background
- Firdose Moonda is a journalist who lives and works in South Africa.
- Hard working and determined to make in a male-dominated industry, Moonda is very vocal about the challenges her job brings but is quick to reiterate her commitment to overcome the obstacles she faces.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Firdose was born and raised in South Africa & currently lives in Cape Town. She has roots from Ahmedabad, India, and comes from a family of Muslim origin.
- Moonda’s father worked as a Human Rights Campaigner and was an active member of the African National Congress.
- Along with her uncles, her father played cricket for the non-white teams of the South African Cricket Board, this because of Apartheid rules that prevented non-white players from playing alongside their white compatriots.
- Firdose is married to a professional writer named, Telford Vice who often contributes to the online publication, the Business Day.
- There is not much known about their relationship as the couple prefers to keep details of their personal lives private.
Career, Income, Salary and Net worth :
- Moonda fell in love with sports, in particular soccer and cricket, when she was just a young girl and has even written an in-depth article about how she used to listen attentively as her fathers and uncles wished for the national team to lose due to their personal frustrations at the injustices that were taking place in South Africa at the time.
- Dedicating her career to the world of sports, she interned as a scorer for cricket while still in college, attending franchise and provincial matches held in Johannesburg at the Wanderers club.
- Upon graduation, she worked as a sports writer and journalist and covered profiles of prominent local and international athletes such as South African cricket player, Hashim Amla.
- Throughout her career, she has interviewed prominent cricket and soccer players such as Athmanand. Moonda regularly talks about how happy she is that times have changed since she was little and that sports teams are more diverse and inclusive than they used to be during the Apartheid era.
- Firdose currently works as a correspondent for the South African branch of ESPN Cricinfo and as a sports writer and journalist, contributing thought pieces to various other online publications.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Throughout the course of her career, Firdose has spoken openly about the struggles she faces working a woman in a male-dominated industry.
- From rude comments about her dress code to remarks that she should “go back to the kitchen,” Firdose has been the target of sexism from athletes to viewers alike.
- One such example is when cricket player, Alviro Petersen did not take too kindly to professional criticism of him that Moonda offered in one of her written pieces and what began as a simple case of a bitter player quickly became a sexist row when he retweeted rudely sexist comments about her.
- Outside of sports, she is a yoga teacher, runner and lover of books.
Nomuzi Mabena Parents, Biography, Profile, Boyfriend, Age, Wiki
Nina Hastie Wikipedia | Age, Body Tattoos, Husband, Parents | Biography
Pearl Modiadie Age, Wedding, Fiance, Boyfriends【 Biography 】Dresses
Boity Thulo - Age, House, Engaged, Biography, Dead, Dress, Images
Carol Tshabalala Age, Husband, Married, Illness, Wikipedia, Pictures
Crystal Arnold Cricket, Wikipedia, Age, Bio, Married, Wedding, Parents
Dineo Moeketsi Age, Weight Loss, Dating, Wiki, Mother【 Wikipedia 】
Evodia Mogase Age, How old, Husband, Baby, Net worth House (Wiki Bio)
D’Niel Strauss Biography, Age, Wikipedia, Married, Wife, Net worth
I enjoy her articles to bits and pieces. They are succinct and profoundly insightful. And above all else, she has a remarkable grasp over the subjects she writes on. Keep the good work going, man. Cheers