Bio Profile / Wiki Information
- Nina Hastie is a South African actress, standup comedian and voice-over artist.
- She is popularly known for starring on comedy shows like The Bantu Hour & The Late Nite News.
- Born on 19th May 1983, she resides in Pretoria, SA and is one of South Africa’s most hilarious women having performed both in and out of South Africa.
Titbits & Trivia :
- Nina has alopecia, is a recovering drug addict and has had struggles with depression and cases of severe anxiety.
- A victim of rape on 3 separate occasions, she seeks to speak to others who have had such experiences in order to encourage & motivate them.
- During an interview with Trending SA, Rapper Casper Nyovest revealed that as a teen, he had a crush on Nina and even tried to hit on her.
- Cassper was with his friend at Sun City when they saw Nina and tried to hit on her, but Nina shut them off. Later when Nina was asked, she said she recalls the incident and explained that she supposed Casper was just trying to sell his music. She confessed to thinking that his name was stupid and that he was not going to make it in the music industry. Four years down the line, they met again at a club.
- Being a white woman living in South Africa, Nina has had fears of being accused of cultural appropriation.
- During Heritage Day, she dressed in a Zulu outfit and shared a picture on social media, sparking a debate around the topic of culture. She, however, notes that she has no intention of using the culture for her own financial gains but is keen to understand and participate in the learning of the Zulu culture.
- When she is not out there making people laugh, Nina enjoys reading and watching films.
- The comedienne who mixes English, SiPitori and ‘Zunglish’ in her performances has had an interest in learning about different cultures from a tender age and believes that it is important for people to understand one another.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Being a woman in the comedy industry is not an easy task. Consequently, few women are putting themselves out there to the public. Nina is one of the exceptions!
- At the age of 13, Nina was the youngest radio host. She spent five years working with K-TV and YFM and did voiceovers for feature-animated films like Bushfire Fairy Tales and The Adventures of Dick King.
- In 2009, she starred in a show that talks about HIV dubbed The Truth About You.
- She starred in a show on Comedy Central called Consultant to the Stars as a quirky assistant named Nadine.
- In November 2015, she was one of the performers at the Johannesburg International Comedy Festival. The festival showcases local & international comic talent.
- Nina has done performances at theatres around South Africa and has headlined on several comedy festivals & has been a featured guest on a number of TV and Radio shows.