Bio Wiki / Profile Information
- A petite girl with a wide smile, Pearl Modiadie is a South African TV & radio personality most known for her work on the talk show Zaziwa and the radio station Metro FM.
- She was born on December 29, 1987, in Tembisa, South Africa.
- The good looking presenter is also popular for her various hairstyles, including the short hair look.
- Currently, she can be heard on Metro FM during weekdays from 12 to 3 p.m.
Love Life & Relationships :
- In December 2015, Pearl got engaged to her longtime boyfriend Nkululeko Buthelezi.
- Before getting married, however, the couple decided to split up. In April 2017, they reunited, and are still continuing their romance.
- Although not officially married, Pearl acts as stepmom to Buthelezi’s children from a previous relationship.
- She plans on having her own children if and when they decide to get married. Unfortunately, they have called off her wedding twice in two years.
- Modiadie has always loved children, and is active in several charities involving them, including Child Trace, a non-profit dedicated to combating child sex trafficking in the country.
Education & College :
- Modiadie, sometimes referred to as the black pearl, has had a gift for entertainment ever since she was a child.
- To cultivate it, she went to Rosebank College, a Catholic private institution whose main campus is in Australia.
- She attended their South Africa campus. The college was voted the “coolest college in South Africa” by a survey from South African students.
- In 2006, Pearl was approached for beginning a career in TV. This prompted her decision to take a gap year in college & focus on her true dream of being in front of the camera.
- After the gap year ended, she went back to school, but continued to appear on various TV shows. She juggled both until her graduation in 2010, where she earned a Bachelor’s in media studies and journalism.
Job Timeline, Salary, House & Net Worth :
- In 2009, Modiadie began working for the youth radio station YFM, a station based in the South African province of Gauteng. There, she began hosting her own weekend radio show called The Natural High.
- In 2015, she joined Metro FM, a station that promotes a modern South Africa and the success of young black adults beginning their professional lives. It focuses on R&B, Hip Hop, Kwaito, Gospel, and Contemporary Jazz music.
- She currently co-hosts their midday talk show.
Television Work :
- Although Pearl has made rounds on a few local stations, she is known best for her work with Zaziwa, one of the country’s most popular talk shows.
- She eventually became the co-executive producer for the show, but still continued to host.
- In August of 2017, the network temporarily cancelled the show due to scheduling difficulties. Instead of appearing on its Sunday time slot, it will now be appearing on Wednesday nights starting November 8, 2017. The network, SABC 1, moved the show in order to introduce their new series about the life of Shaka Zulu.
Body Info / Physical Features
Pearl Modiadie Measurements :
- Eye Color : Black
- Haircut / Hair Color : Black
- How tall is Pearl Modiadie Height : 5′ 7″
- Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : No confirmed information is available.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Pearl Modiadie Weight Loss : There were a few queries on Google and once Pearl replied on Twitter regarding this. See the image below.
Personal / Home Details
- Married ? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : South African