Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Brooke Corte is an Australian broadcast journalist and presenter, specialising in business and consumer finance news.
- She was also a host of “Your Money,” a 24-hour free to air cable, satellite and online business channel, which was launched on October 1, 2018.
Personal Life : Family & Education
- Brooke Corte (maiden name Brooke Forster) was born in 1981 and grew up in Sydney. She is more popularly known by her married name, preferring it over her maiden name.
- She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Communications and Media Studies from the University of Technology Sydney (UTS).
- Brooke has been together with her husband since she was 16 years old and the couple has two young kids together. They also have a family dog.
- An earlier video of Brooke shows a day in her life where she is up and travelling to work by 3 a.m. She spends her time studying financial topics & news before going on air. She worked her way up from the bottom to be one of Australia’s best finance presenters.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Brooke started her career as a news producer at Palamedia where she worked for David Koch and filled finance reports for Sky News Australia.
- In 2003, she landed the role of presenter and producer of business and finance news for Sky News.
- In 2008, she was one of the founding staff of sister channel Sky News Business channel. She continued to report and produce business, financial and economic stories.
- In 2016, she moved back to Sky News Australia for a while to become the co-host of a breakfast show, First Edition along with Kieran Gilbert. She mentioned in an interview that there’s solidarity between her and her co-host Kieran because of both of them being parents to 1-year-olds when presenting First Edition.
- In 2018, a 24-hour business channel business and finance news channel launched a free-to-air television in a deal between the Nine Network and Australian News Channel, and it replaced Sky News Business. Brooke was roped in to feature heavily on the channel, which was called “Your Money.”
- Just a few months after its launch, in May 2019, “Your Money” was shut down as it failed to attract cross-platform advertisers in a subscription that Sky hoped for. The 70 odd employees working on the channel were left shocked as some of them had moved from the main channel.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Brooke’s ideal weekend includes getting a swim at the beach with her family and an early night in.
- Recently, she picked up her childhood dream of learning how to figure skate. She’s been taking ice skating lessons in her free time, and she wants to learn how to master the figure skating spin.
- Corte mentions that being a perfectionist is both her best and worst quality. She values a good sense of humour, humility and empathy in a friend.