Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Suzie Wilks is an Australian TV host, lifestyle presenter, journalist and author.
- Once the face of home renovation reality shows, in 1998, Suzie became the first woman that hosted two Australian prime-time programs in the same year.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Suzie was born on 12th March 1970 in Melbourne, Australia, where she also spent her childhood and teenage years. Her parents are Barry (father) and Ann Wilks (mother).
- In 2010, Wilks married the water polo player Nick O’Halloran. However, their marriage did not last long as they divorced a few years later, right after their daughter’s birth.
- Suzie is now a single mother, blessed with a beautiful girl named Ruby.
- Open about her adventure as a “solo mom,” Suzie actively tries to help other struggling single parents by talking about her journey in various interviews across media.
Early Life & Education :
- With a Baptist upbringing, Wilks graduated from Carey Baptist Grammar School in Kew, VIC.
- A few years later, she received a Certificate of Journalism.
- The fact that she was the host of TV shows like Changing Rooms or Our House is not just a pure coincidence – Suzie is an experienced renovator & has been working in the field from the young age of 22, when she transformed her first house!
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Suzie’s TV career in television started in the mid-1990s when she replaced Tracey Dale on the Nine Network’s program Our House.
- 1998 was a lucky year for Wilks as Suzie was also chosen to be the host of Changing Rooms, another lifestyle show on the same network.
- A year later, she decided to dedicate herself entirely to only one of the two shows, quitting from Our House.
- After an eight year collaboration with Nine Network for Changing Rooms she switched to another TV program of theirs, named Body Work, together with a special named Mothers In War.
- Besides hosting shows, Suzie has also made numerous appearances in televised contests such as Dancing with the Stars or in series such as The Singing Bee or Thank God You’re Here.
Work as an Author :
- Suzie is not only a very talented TV presenter, but also an accomplished writer.
- In 2009, the gorgeous Australian star co-authored a highly acclaimed book called RUEA? (Are You Emotionally Available?) – a wittily written guide to a successful long-term relationship.
Fun Facts & Trivia :
- Back in 2004, with all the public attention on her, Wilks was named as one of ‘Melbourne’s Top 25 Sexiest People’ by the Melbourne’s Age newspaper.
- Suzie has spoken against animal experimentation for non-profit organisations like the Australian Association for Humane Research & the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.
- Broadening her exposure to all kinds of media channels, Suzie ran a weekly radio show called Lunch with Suzie Wilks.
- As far as movie roles go, Suzie had a speaking part in the movie December Boys, where she had the chance to work with the already well-known actor Daniel Radcliffe.
- One of her favourite activities is horse riding which she compares to other training activities such as Pilates and aerobics, and holds it as a secret for her perfectly fit body.
Body Info / Physical Features
- Eye Colour : Blue
- Haircut / Hair Colour : Brown
- How tall / Height : 5’ 4”
- Feet / Legs / Boots / Shoe Size : 7.5.
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
- Weight Loss : A few Google queries regarding this, but we couldn’t find anything conclusive on any of her social media.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : Divorced
- Children / No of Kids : 1
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : Australian