Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Tara Dennis, a middle-aged woman with shiny blonde hair & bright blue eyes, is a style expert and interior home designer in Australia.
- She has been on several TV programs, owns her own line of home goods, and has her own store.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Tara was originally born in London on June 14, 1969, and moved around a lot as a child until her family settled in Canberra, Australia.
- She spent much of her childhood days working on her family home with her siblings and parents. She learned basic home repair and design before she was ten years old, and accredits this work as what made her fall in love with design work and home renovations.
- She is currently married and has two children. She continues to live in Australia near the Hawkesbury River.
- Tara designs mainly for clients, although she does still appear on TV as a guest.
Early Career :
- Tara’s TV career truly began in 1987 when she appeared on the gardening and lifestyle show Burke’s Backyard.
- The show followed horticulturist Don Burke as he presented DIY tips for gardening and home care. He also had several guests appear on his show, one of which was Dennis.`
- Burke’s Backyard was a program from Australia’s network Channel Nine, and through her appearance on the show, Dennis began working on other Channel Nine shows.
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
Channel Nine :
- In the early 90s, Tara appeared on the show Our House, which featured former Skyhooks band member Shirley Strachan as the host, among others.
- The show was a home renovation series, and Dennis often appeared to showcase easy DIY repairs.
- She also appeared on Changing Rooms, another renovation show for the network that featured Suzie Wilks as the host. Each episode showcased two couples who swapped houses and were given a budget to renovate one room in the new home with the aid of a designer.
- Dennis appeared as a professional designer and would help the couples design the rooms.
- Rounding out her work with Channel Nine, she also worked on Renovation Rescue, another home renovation show. She continued to appear on these shows for much of her early career, gaining industry knowledge in the process.
Channel Seven :
- Tara’s career truly took off, however, when she began working for Channel Seven and started appearing on some of their shows.
- She became a host for the critically acclaimed Better Homes & Gardens in 2006 and became a well-known figure in the home design world. She is still working with the show till date.
Tara Dennis Store :
- While working on TV, Tara began her own design firm. After that took off, she opened a storefront that sells her products and showcased furniture hand-picked by Dennis.
- The store holds her personal homeware line, which includes dinnerware, drinkware, soft furnishings, storage spaces, and décor.
- In 2016, she extended her business to e-commerce and now has a fully-functioning online store.