Wikipedia Information / Shivangi Kolhapure Biography
To say that Shivangi Kolhapure comes from a glorious family would be an understatement – Keep on reading to known why!
Early Life, Family & Parents :
- Shivangi Kolhapure was born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Her father Pandharinath Kolhapure was a classical singer. Along with her sisters, she was raised in a Maharashtrian middle-class family. Their mother passed away in 2006.
- Sisters : Her sisters are famous actresses Padmani Kolhapure and Tejaswini Kolhapure.
- Padmani was a popular actress in the 1980’s & is married to Pradeep Sharma & is currently based in Mumbai.
- Her other sister Tejaswini is married to Director/Producer Pankaj Saraswat since 2007. There was a gap of almost 10 years, between Tejaswini & her elder sisters.
- Lata Mangeshkar & Asha Bhosle, the famous singers are Shivangi’s aunts.
- Her uncle, Shaunak Abhisheki and her cousin Jitendra Abhisheki are also famous classical singers.
Marriage Story, Wedding & Children :
- Shivangi is married to Bollywood’s veteran actor Shakti Kapoor.
- The way she met Shakti is very interesting. Some producers wanted to do a movie called Kismet with her more popular sister Padmini. But since she was busy, they signed up Shivangi. There she fell in love with Shakti Kapoor although the movie was a big flop.
- Their parents did not approve of the match & so they did a court marriage in 1982. Shivangi was only 18 years old then.
- Children : They have a daughter named Shraddha Kapoor who is a popular Bollywood actress & a son Siddhant Kapoor who is also an actor.
- After her marriage, she didn’t act much. Since then, she is usually spotted with Shakti or daughter, Shraddha in award shows or Bollywood events.
Interesting Facts :
- Shivangi is the oldest of her three sisters. Though Padmini & her never fought as a child, as adults they do sometimes.
- Not very prominent on social media such as Facebook & Twitter. But her daughter, Shraddha is often seen posting photos of her mother, family for her fans on social platforms.
- Can speak 3 languages including English, Hindi and Marathi.
- She resembles her sister, Padamani a lot. Most of the time, she is confused with Padamani due to her the uncanny resemblance with her sister.
- Lover of music, even her grandmother also wanted to take a music based career.
- She is a practitioner of Theta Healing and Sukyo Mahikari techniques & even holds workshops for them.
- Her height is 5 feet and 4 inches i.e. 162 centimeters height.
- Eye color – Black & Hair color –Black.