Wiki Bio / Profile Information
- Dakota Culkin was an American art production assistant and designer.
- Hard working but very private, Dakota did not enjoy the spotlight like some of her famous family members, and she preferred keeping a low profile until her tragic death.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Culkin was born in New York City on June 15, 1979.
- She was the daughter of Patricia Brentrup and her ex-husband, Kit Culkin.
- Her family consisted of famous actors, artists, and Hollywood personalities.
- Dakota was the sister of Rory, Shane, Christian, Quinn, Kieran and Macaulay Culkin, and Jennifer Adamson.
- She was also the granddaughter of Marian Ethel and Philip Harley Culkin and the cousin of Yuri and Jonah Luber.
Famous family :
- Dakota came from a well-known family of Hollywood artists and actors and was the second oldest child of Patricia Brentrup and Kit Culkin.
- Her parents split up in 1994 after being together for over two decades. Dakota’s father, Kit, had a long history of physical, verbal, and emotional abuse and was reported to be estranged from his children. Dakota’s brother, Macaulay, spoke about his broken relationship with their father, who also worked as their manager, and said that they were never close even when he was still very young.
- The most famous member of Dakota’s family has to be Macaulay, who shot to fame after starring in the hit film series Home Alone as the mischievous yet lovable Kevin McCallister.
- Dakota’s 3 younger brothers, Christian, Rory, and Kieran Kyle, were also actors. Rory starred in movies that included 2000’s You Can Count on Me and 2011’s Scream 4. Kieran appeared in Home Alone alongside Macaulay, while Christian appeared in a film called My Summer Story, which also starred Macaulay.
- Culkin’s other younger siblings, Quinn and Shane, were not big on entertainment, and although Quinn acted in a few roles here and there, both preferred living private lives away from the spotlight.
- She had an older half-sister named Jennifer Adamson from her father’s side who passed away after overdosing on drugs. Jennifer died in 2000 when she was just 29 years old, the same age Dakota was when she passed away 8 years later.
Tragic Death :
- On December 9th, 2008, Dakota was hit by a car in Los Angeles, California, after stepping off a curb.
- The car’s driver immediately stopped, did his best to help her, and cooperated with police officers. He was ruled not guilty of any wrongdoing after being tested for alcohol and drugs.
- Dakota passed away a day later, on December 10th, 2008, after suffering multiple serious head injuries and trauma.
Career, Income, Salary & Net worth :
- Culkin was a production designer and assistant who worked on the set of Lost Soul.
- She was very private about her life and chose not to receive public credit for her work.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Dakota was close with Dana Schroeder, a Hollywood film director who described as humble and a genuine sweetheart.