Delia Tseng is a Chinese choreographer and dance instructor. She is also the wife of Foxconn owner Terry Gou, Taiwan’s wealthiest man with a net worth of over 7 billion US dollars.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Delia Tseng, also known as Zeng Xinying, was born on November 11, 1974, in the Nantou Province of the Republic of China.
- For her education, she attended the National Taiwan University, specializing in Arts and Dance.
- In 2007, Delia met her future husband billionaire Terry Gou (also known as Guo Taiming), the chairman of the prestigious Hon Hai Technology Group, the company behind Foxconn, which builds parts for world’s most popular devices like the iPhone, iPad, Amazon Kindles, and PlayStations.
- Despite their big age difference of 24 years, Terry and Delia were married in 2008, and since then went on to have three children: daughters Guo Xiaoru (born April 30, 2009) and Guo Xiaotong (born November 11, 2014), and son Guo Shoushan (born November 19, 2010).
Career, Income, Salary & Net Worth :
- Delia was a highly accomplished dancer and dance teacher.
- She spent much of her teaching career giving lessons to famous figures such as Fei Xiang (a Chinese-American pop music icon), Jolin Tsai (a Taiwanese songwriter, actress, singer, and dancer), and the Taiwanese model Lin Zhiling.
- Infact, it was through her famous student, model Lin Zhiling that Delia first met Terry Gou. Lin Zhiling was hired to perform at the Hon Hai Technology Group’s end of year celebrations, and Delia was hired to choreograph and teach the chairman Terry Gou a dance he would be performing with Lin.
- Since marrying Terry Gou, Delia Tsang has repurposed her professional life and has given it new focus. She no longer teaches dance but is involved in public welfare and in improving the lives of those who need it.
- In April 2019, Terry Gou announced that he had been instructed in a dream by the sea goddess Mazu to participate as a candidate in the 2020 Presidential elections of the Republic of China. He then announced that he would participate in the Kuomintang primary for said election.
- Following this news, Delia took a solo trip to Japan. Her husband stated a week later that this was because she was not happy with his decision, allegedly because this would provoke a further loss of privacy for their family.
- Delia then returned from Osaka, Japan at the end of April, and commented that she just needed some time alone.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Delia taught her now-husband how to dance the tango the first time they met.
- She is good friends with Taiwanese actresses Ruby Lin and Kelly Lin. Delia and her husband Terry frequently join Ruby and Kelly on outings with their respective husbands, Wallace Huo, a Taiwanese actor, and Chris Young, a Chinese-American businessman.
- Her hobbies are enjoying afternoon tea, shopping, and going to wellness centers.
- Delia has also stated that what drew Terry to her was her independence and her strong focus on her career.