Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Kathryn Limbaugh is a published author, editor and an illustrator of children’s books.
- She is also the fourth wife of media personality, Rush Limbaugh and also the co-author of Rush’s book titled Rush Revere and The American Revolution : Time-travel Adventures With Exceptional Americans. This is a series of children’s books on American history.
Family Background & Early Career :
- Born on 7th December 1976, Kathryn is a direct descendant of U.S. President and founding father, John Adams!
- Her father was in the same U.S. Naval Academy as presidential hopeful John McCain.
- Earlier, Kathryn was a professional party planner in West Palm Beach. She had planned events for South Florida Super Bowl Host Committee.
- She had also worked as a VIP liaison for several other sporting events including for the National Football League.
- It was through her role as a VIP liaison for the Gary Player’s annual charity golf tournament that Kathryn met Limbaugh.
Her Relationship with Rush :
- Kathryn was calling up celebrities to participate in the Gary Player’s charity tournament in 2004. She called Limbaugh who participated in the event held at The Floridian, a private course owned by Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga. They maintained contact after the event and officially began dating in June 2007.
- Later, Kathryn was seen with Limbaugh in social events such as the White House Christmas party.
- Back then, Rush was going through his third divorce and had sworn off marriage when he met Kathryn. Their relationship raised a few eyebrows because of the massive 26-year gap between them.
- Kathryn has said in interviews before that age gap did not bother as she was always attracted to older men.
- She grew up traveling a lot and maintains that her worldview is different from someone her own age.
- Kathryn says she found Limbaugh fascinating. She also nursed Limbaugh through ill health and his hearing loss which left him largely deaf without a hearing aid.
A Grand Marriage & Wedding :
- Rush had held off proposing to Kathryn because he was afraid that the media and critics will go after Kathryn. However, the pair finally got married on 5th June 2010 in Florida, followed by a reception at the Breakers Hotel.
- The wedding had a Hawaiian theme that was attended by 400 guests comprising close friends and family, along with big celebrities such as Sean Hannity and Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
- Considering the high profile of the guests, an extra fifty security guards were hired for the event.
- Elton John performed at the reception. The choice of entertainer generated controversy, because Limbaugh is known for his conservative & anti-gay views. Nevertheless, Elton John, who is a committed gay rights activist, pocketed a $1 million fee for performing his old hits at the wedding.
- The happy couple departed for their honeymoon to Mexico, Africa and other exotic places on Limbaugh’s $54 million Gulfstream private jet.
- Gossip columns also noted that the new Mrs. Limbaugh had filed for commencement for work permission at Limbaugh’s beachfront mansion in Palm Beach.
- The $40 million property was to have a ‘His’ and ‘Hers’ showers installed in the master bedroom, in limestone.