Andrew Anglin is an American White Supremacist and Anti-Semitic and Neo-N**i. Besides his controversial & often disturbing opinions, he is also well-known as the founder of the alt-right news website, The Daily Stormer.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Andrew Anglin was born on July 27, 1984, and grew up near Columbus, Ohio.
- He grew up in Worthington Hills, an upper-middle-class neighborhood, in an unassuming, wealthy Christian household.
- As a child, he collected X-Men comics, played computer games and got into music jams with his best friend, West Emerson.
- Anglin also loved to read the book Weasel by Cynthia DeFelice. According to both Anglin and his childhood classmates, he was quite liberal as a youth.
Current Life :
- Presently, little information about Andrew’s status is known as he personally attempts to be untraceable due to the notorious nature of his writing.
- Social Media and FBI have allegedly located him in both Germany and Russia but Anglin himself (in early 2018) had said that he currently resides in Lagos in Nigeria.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Andrew attended the Linworth Alternative Program (dubbed by locals as a Hippie High) and the Worthington Christian High School from 1999 to 2003, where he was remembered as an anti-racism campaigning, dreadlocked vegan, who was also quite shy and wanted to be accepted.
- After high school, Anglin took classes at Columbus State Community College in 2003 and studied English at Ohio State University for one semester in 2004, but he unceremoniously dropped out in order to travel and slowly begin to for his own, radical political views.
Profession : Net worth and Career
- In 2006, Anglin launched a conspiracy theory website called Outlaw Journalism, in which he criticized the media and suggested that many stories were fictional, written in a similar style to his novelist hero, Hunter S Thompson.
- In 2012, after spending several weeks attempting to live with the locals in a small South Eastern Asian Village in Mindanao, Philippines, he opened a second website called ‘Adventure Quest 2012,’ which discussed conspiracy theories such as the existence of reptilian humanoids.
- He described the aim of his site as seeking to “mend the wounds produced by modern society and to help the reader to transcend these bonds and reach total ascendancy”. To mend these wounds, the world must learn to embrace diversity and color. At this point, he also claimed to have “found Hitler” but didn’t believe his philosophy could fit into modern society.
- Later in 2012, he launched his first neo-N**i website, calling it Total Fascism. However, after minimal viewing, he decided that Total Fascism was not appealing to a younger demographic because the articles that were far too long.
- Undeterred, Anglin launched The Daily Stormer on July 4, 2013, with shorter articles and a more provocative style.
- Anglin said in March 2014 he spends 70 hours a week writing for the website. The site enjoys a huge audience and is one of the Top 20,000 visited websites of the world.
Trivia, Height & Other Interesting Facts :
- Although Anglin displayed a very different, more needy personality as a teenager, his change was, to an extent, predicted by some. His friends in a high-school report that his behavior changed during his sophomore year at Linworth, where he started to exhibit self-harming behaviors, and began promoting conspiracy theories for the first time.
- Visitors to his house often saw holes in his bedroom walls, and they all knew that when he was upset, he would smash his head into things.
- Several of his former friends, when interviewed have recalled how once at a party, Anglin burst out crying after his girlfriend Alison drunkenly kissed someone else, then ran outside and bashed his head on the sidewalk over and over again.
- He also once tried to tattoo the name of his favorite band at the time Modest Mouse, onto his upper arm, but gave up after two and a half letters, leaving him with Mod etched forever on his skin!
- Despite this, Andrew was frequently heard to claim that he could feel no pain and used lighters to melt the flesh on the inside of his forearms.
- He often provoked people into assaulting him but never fought back, instead of laughing as the blows fell, never fighting back but simply waiting until his aggressors stopped hitting him through pure confusion.