Wikipedia Biography / Profile Information
- Rachel Frederickson is an American personality who came under the spotlight due to her appearance on the NBC show The Biggest Loser. She had lost around 155lb of weight & won the show’s 15th season in February 2014.
- Rachel was a production assistant on the movie “Miss Stevens” and the vampire fantasy short film “Sunrise.”
- Rachel was featured in the Inside Edition piece about her dramatic weight loss. Frederickson’s story had sparked a controversial body shaming backlash.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Rachel was born on March 1, 1990, to Julie Frederickson (mother) and Dan Frederickson (father) in Saint Paul, Minnesota, where she also lived most of her childhood. Her family also included her two brothers.
- Currently, she is happily single and doesn’t have any children.
Early Life & Education :
- Surprisingly, Rachael has more than 10 years of professional swimming experience. At a young age, she had participated in 3 high school state swimming championships!
- She had even set the Minnesota swimming all-time state record, which in turn got her plenty of scholarship offers to study in various colleges across the states. However, she turned down the scholarships to pursue a romantic life in Germany.
- After finishing high school, Rachel met and fell in love with a German exchange student whom she followed to Cologne, Germany. Later, she enrolled at the Cologne Business School.
- Unfortunately, she suffered a tremendous blow to her self esteem while living in Germany due to her verbally abusive boyfriend who made her doubt her self-worth, especially with scornful comments aimed at her weight.
- When the relationship with her boyfriend turned out to sour, and even her parents got divorced, Rachel traveled back to the US and enrolled in The French Pastry School in Chicago & later graduated from there.
Career Progress : Salary & Net worth
- After graduation, Rachel moved to Colorado and set up two gelato shops, which she managed as a pastry chef.
- Soon, she headed to Minnesota and set up a new business, Simply Gelato. Later, she sold her business and moved to Las Vegas, where she worked as a chef at the Las Vegas Aria Resort & Casino. While there, she took up voiceover classes and started her own home-based vocal studio.
Change of Paths :
- Eventually, Rachel quit her job as a pastry chef and became a full-time home-based voiceover artist.
- Working from home as a voiceover artist made her presumably gain weight. This, combined with the loneliness from a home-based job, pushed Rachel to take control of her life, and she applied for the TV show “The Biggest Loser.”
- She won the 15th season but not without a price, as she lost 155lbs during the season, which sparked a large, controversial backlash from the staff and fans.
- Frederickson was heavily criticized on social media and TV for her rapid, dramatic & supposedly unhealthy transformation. However, she found the strength to ignore the body shaming and continues living a happy life.
Interesting Facts & Trivia :
- Rachel has won the triathlon on the show “The Biggest Losers.”
- She has fond memories of the “delicious corner bread shop” in Cologne.
- Volunteered at the local animal shelter in Colorado, where she met her dog “Penpo.”
- Has over 10 years of professional swimming during her childhood.
- While working in the “Las Vegas Aria Resort & Casino” she worked with a large, team crafting over 10,000 pastries daily!
Body Info / Physical Features
Rachel Frederickson Measurements :
- Eye Color : Brown
- Haircut / Hair Color : Brown
- How tall is Rachel Frederickson Height : 5’ 4” (165 cm). Confirmed in a NYTimes article.
- Rachel Frederickson Feet / Legs / Shoe Size : 8
- Pregnant ? : Currently, she is not expecting a baby.
Personal / Home Details
- Marital Status / Married? : No
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : White
- Nationality : American