Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Dr. Cate Shanahan is a prominent American medical authority on human metabolism and nutrition. She specializes in offering solutions against weight gain, accelerated aging process, inflammation, cancer, diabetes, and underlying causes for metabolic damage.
- Besides being an eloquent speaker and an NBA Sports Nutrition Advisor, Dr. Cate is also a board-certified family physician with over 26 years of medical field experience.
- Dr. Shanahan is well-known for being a New York Times bestselling author with successful published works like Deep Nutrition, The Fat Burn Fix, and Food Rules. Currently, she is based in Orlando, Florida.
- Dr. Cate was born and raised in Orlando, Florida.
- Being a private person, she has shared little personal information on her social media or anywhere else on the internet.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- After graduating high school, Dr. Shanahan attended Rutgers University in New Jersey from 1984 to 1988. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Biology. During her time at Rutgers, she was involved in societies like Phi Beta Kappa, and activities like Cross Country, and Ballroom Dance.
- Later, she went on to earn a Master’s degree from Cornell University while being trained in biochemistry and genetics.
- Dr. Cate graduated with a Doctorate of Medicine (MD) from Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in 1994. Upon moving to Hawaii, she was acquainted with the local herbal treatments. Dr. Cate had a medical awakening during this time. She studied and practiced ethnobotany and healthy culinary habits for the next ten years.
Career, Job, Salary and Net Worth :
- Dr. Cate Shanahan has been practicing as a Physician and Nutrition specialist since March 2002. She also caters to her patients on her official website. She worked as a family physician for Catholic Medical Center from March 2010 to October 2011.
- From 2010 to 2012, Dr. Cate has served as the Managing Director at TRIM for two years. She was also an American Society of Bariatric Physicians member from 2010 to 2014.
- From November 2011 to November 2014, she served as a Family Medicine MD at Queen Of The Valley Medical Associates Inc. in Napa, CA.
- From 2012 to September 2017, she worked as the Science and Nutrition Consultant for the LA Lakers’ PRO Nutrition program in the greater LA area. She was responsible for updating player nutrition to optimize sports performance by meeting genetic needs and matching current science as the healthiest way to eat.
- As a founder of Fat Burn Factory, Dr. Cate ran her clinical practice from September 2015 to August 2017 in the greater Denver area. While working on and researching weight gain issues, Dr. Cate observed that leading doctors focus on targeting fat stores by encouraging the body to utilize fat for energy while protecting healthy, lean tissue. She believed that a fat-loss model had replaced the weight-loss model.
- While serving as the Director of Metabolic Health & Culinary Education and Concierge Physician (May 2018 – present) in Orlando, Dr. Cate was considered a thought leader in the nutrition world, having influenced the influencers in Ancestral Health, Paleo, Low Carb, and Keto lifestyle movements. She created organizational change with inspirational interactive lecture-style conferences, online written learning, education, instructional cooking videos, and mini-documentaries. Her work highlighted individual employees who worked with Dr. Cate to successfully reverse diabetes and pull off dramatic health turnarounds.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Being a spokesperson and passionate advocate of living a natural, healthy, and ancestral lifestyle, Dr. Cat’s knowledge in culinary methods is truly boundless. While studying Hawaii’s culinary traditions and delving into the delicious local cuisine, Dr. Cate described the deep connections between beauty, food, genes, and health in her famous book, Deep Nutrition. Her medical knowledge underwent a paradigm shift when she learned about practical food gathering, cooking recipes, and storing methods practiced for centuries.
- According to Peak Human Podcast, Dr. Cate has a great philosophy that’s very in line with the Sapien lifestyle. She helped create the PRO nutrition program for the LA Lakers in 2011, which helped Kobe start eating an ancestral diet and boost his performance as he went later into his career. Cate worked with the LA Lakers, NBA, and other professional athletes. Having seen the power of nutrition and specifically bone broth, Dr. Cate improved athletic performance, recovery, and career longevity. She has served as an independent advisor or consultant to dozens of companies and organizations worldwide, including the LA Lakers, OKC Thunder, Villanova Basketball, CBC Beverages, and Natural Stacks.
- Dr. Cate Shanahan views sugar in bad medical light, but she believes vegetable oils to be the worst thing for the health one can eat. She has a firm conviction that we wouldn’t have all the chronic diseases if we didn’t have vegetable oils.
- Being a television personality Dr. Cate has appeared on numerous tv shows, popular podcasts, and radio talk shows. She has been featured on Good Morning America, Scientific American, Sports Illustrated, Men’s Journal, CNN, US News and World Report, Prevention Magazine, Vogue, National Geographic, The Magic Pill documentary, and The Real Skinny on Fat docuseries – Real Time with Bill Maher, GQ, the New York Post, Woman’s World, and People Magazine.
- Dr. Cat’s passion is educational programs that improve productivity & reduce employer healthcare costs by cultivating healthy habits at the individual and organization-wide levels.
- While talking to Dr. Paul Saladino in a podcast in April 2020, she informed the audience about the controversy she stirred by suggesting that maybe older people don’t want to visit hospitals for COVID related procedures. She observed while attending Dr. Drew’s TV show to discuss her flattening the curve comments. Being a nurse, she views the choice of older people to life or death as necessary. For her, it is okay for a person in extreme distress and pain to choose life or death.
- While being interviewed by an NBA news blog on December 3, 2013, Dr. Cate Shanahan advised non-athletic audiences to ignore their weight and remind themselves that the body is the happiest when a person is active in body, mind, and spirit. She emphasized that it is essential to participate in physically challenging activities and to have the will and willingness to do so. She further added that to ensure a healthy and athletic lifestyle, one must significantly cut their sugar and vegetable intake.
Master Sri Akarshana Net Worth, Weight loss【 Wife 】Age, Wikipedia Bio
Dr Bobby Price Age Birthday (Wikipedia Bio) Family, Married, Farm
Jen Selter Challenge Workout, Age, Boyfriend, Wiki, Diet, Bio, Height
Mikhaila Peterson【 Jordan Peterson Daughter 】Diet, Wiki, Age, Bio
Dr. Rhonda Patrick Age, Wiki Bio, Husband, Married Age, Diet, Net worth
Dr. Kellyann Petrucci Education, Age, How old, Husband【 Wikipedia 】
Rachel Frederickson Now 2023, Height, Wiki, Age, Weight Loss Diet
Dr Kristi Funk Age, Diet【 Bio 】How old, Net Worth, Reviews, Husband
Dr. Alan Mandell Wikipedia, Wife Married, Age, Biography, Net worth
Casey Mauro Age, Birthday【 TCAP Bio 】Wiki, Net Worth, Young, Now