|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||As of 2022, she is around 32 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Fiance / Boyfriend||Separated. See below for relationship details.|
|Was Abbey Gelmi in Tokyo?||As part of Seven’s Olympics coverage, Abbey Gelmi appeared alongside Hamish McLachlan.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
- Abbey Gelmi is an Australian Fox Sports presenter, working across of number of shows on the network, and is also an ambassador for the Australian Turf Club.
- She has also emcee a number of prestigious events.
- Gelmi wishes to pursue future opportunities in both radio and television, having gained valuable experience in both throughout university.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Abbey Gelmi grew up in Woodvale, a suburb in Perth, Australia.
- Abbey is the granddaughter of the middle-distance runner and Olympic Gold Medalist Herb Elliott. She credits her grandfather, Herb Elliot, as a big influence in her life due to his work ethic, which she says leads to his ability to succeed in everything he puts his mind to. She likes to think she has the same first to arrive, last to leave attitude.
- Growing up, Abbey was a tomboy. Any sports her brother played, such as cricket, football, and fishing, Abbey joined as well! In high school, she was interested in netball, athletics, and most sports in general.
- Gelmi earned a BA Arts (Media and Information, Journalism and Public Relations) from Curtin University, studying from 2008-2011.
- Her Post Graduate Diploma of Broadcast, Radio and Television was completed in 2014 from Edith Cowan University.
- During her time at Curtin University, she was on the Vice Chancellors List and worked on The Western Independent Newspaper.
- While at Edith Cowan University, she worked on the university Radio ECU and the university ECU News.
Abbey Gelmi Married Life :
- Gelmi dated TV presenter Ben Way for around three and half years before he proposed to her at a beach in North Bondi. Ben earlier worked a presenter on Fox Sports but now works for Sky Racing.
- In December 2019, Ben and Abbey got married in a ceremony held in Adelaide Hills. Less than a year after they tied the knot, Abbey and Ben split. As per reports, the couple had already separated before June 2020.
- Many suspected that marriage was not on good terms after Gelmi had removed her married name from her Instagram profile and started posting photos without her wedding ring.
- In July 2021, the split was confirmed after Abbey started dating AFL star and professional footy player Kane Lambert. Abbey said they were a perfect match because Kane is pretty shy while she is extroverted.
- The couple reportedly met through Love Island star Tayla Damir. Tayla has since become engaged to Kane’s teammate Nathan Broad.
Career, Job, Salary & Net worth :
- Abbey pursued a widely varied range of workplacements and employment throughout her university years, giving her experience at The Western Independent, Nova 93.7, Channel 7 Sport, Channel 9 Perth, ABC News, WA Today and Fairfax Station 6PR. This gave her experience in radio, television, online & print media.
- After completing her degree from Curtin University she worked on reception at Nova Entertainment for eighteen months before moving to Fairfax Media, where she has currently been working for the past 4 years on Fox Sports.
- Abbey reads the breakfast sports news on Fox Sports 500, reports from the sidelines of National Basketball League games and also co-hosts Fox Fix.
- She is also available to emcee events for both fashion and sport.
- Abbey has a distinctive voice which is used for advertising and promotions on Fox Sports and is the voice of the Fox League Channel.
- She hosted the National Basketball League Most Valuable Player red carpet event.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Gelmi was the 2018 ambassador of the WA Country Cups Fashions on the Field, which she was ecstatic about as it combines two of her favorite things – sport and fashion.
- Abbey was the only presenter who presented at all three of the National Basketball League 2017 Final Series’ games broadcasts.
- She is particularly fond of basketball greats Joe Ingles, Patty Mills and Andrew Gaze.
- The good-looking presenter was a Miss Universe Australia contestant in 2012. Moreover, in Perth, Gelmi also did some modeling with Chadwicks Modelling Agency.