Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- One of Australia’s finest creations, Ryan Channing has an interesting background & is best known as the good-looking boyfriend of multiple gold medal winner Olympic swimmer, Ian Thorpe.
- This LGBT activist also has almost 10 years of modeling experience, degrees in law and commerce, work experience in banking and legal sectors and his own skincare brand!
Early Life Details :
- Ryan is originally from Perth, WA & he was born in 1990.
- Before studying law, Ryan worked for the Direct Channels Commonwealth Bank for nearly 4 years.
- He began in 2011 as a customer service assistant shortly after completing a degree in Commerce at Curtin University.
- During 2001 Ryan was an assistant for Anglicare WA, where he planned ‘A Very Bright Night,’ a major annual fundraising event for the non-profit organization.
Law Education & Career :
- Ryan began his Bachelor of Laws degree in 2014 at Curtin University, Perth, where he was a member of the Curtin Law Society.
- In 2015, he completed a summer law program, focusing on International Commercial Law and Human Rights Law at Ghent University in Belgium.
- In 2016, he transferred to the University of Technology, Sydney and graduated in 2017, majoring in Intellectual Property Law.
- While still at school, Ryan served as an intern to Richard Cobden SC for two months & in 2016 he began work as a paralegal to Nigel Bowen Chambers until February 2017.
- Thereafter, Ryan left for Paris as a pro bono trainee for DLA Piper but left the position in less than a month.
Career as a Model : Style & Net Worth :
- Ryan’s modeling vocation began much earlier than his law studies and even before his banking career.
- A woman named Christine Fox scouted him at a Fashion Week in Australia.
- This multi-talented man has been signed as a model and personality with Scoop Management since January 2008.
- Over the years, he has endorsed various product including Toyota, Optus Fitness First and Shamballa Jewels.
- He has hosted VIP clients at sponsored events and worked on modelling contracts in Paris, Milan, Singapore and Sydney.
Life as Ian Thorpe Boyfriend :
- Ryan and Ian were first spotted looking loved up in Sydney in February 2016.
- Since then the couple have reportedly been inseparable & frequently post couple photos on their social media pages.
- Later that year the pair added their support to Australia’s campaign to legalise same-sex marriages.
- They were both photographed sporting white t-shirts with the word “Equality” printed over a rainbow map of Australia.
Trivia & Interesting Facts :
- Unsurprisingly this sun-bronzed model is a keen surfer too, he was awarded a Bronze Medallion Certificate from the North Bondi Surf Life Saving Club and volunteers as a beach lifeguard during the summer.
- As a child, Ryan wanted to be a pilot!
- In November 2016, Ryan launched his own range of skincare products, “BLAQ.co,” the company’s
- In 2016 Ryan told GuysLikeU that he sees “puppies, children and family” in the future. The vision seems to be coming true as Ian & Ryan announced that they were planning a surrogate baby in Jan 2019.