Hannah Hollis Wikipedia : Age, Married, Husband, Partner, Biography
Hannah Hollis Birthday / Date of Birth / Age / How old is Deena Centofanti
As of 2019, she is around 28 years old.
Wedding / Husband / Marriage / Boyfriend / Partner
Bio Profile / Wiki Information
Hannah Hollis, the Australian presenter, is passionate about sports & hopes to change perceptions of Aboriginal people through sharing stories of culture. On the field, it doesn’t matter what color you are, only your jersey is noticed and that makes us all on the same team!
Early Life : Family Heritage & Education
- Hannah was born in Darwin, Australia, and is a descendant of the Jawoyn people from the Northern Territory.
- She grew up in Canberra and lived in Papua New Guinea, attending Caulfield Grammar School & then moved to Melbourne to study Media and Communications at RMIT.
- Interestingly, Hannah is the first generation of her family to go to university and hopes that her success will inspire others. She also hopes to change people’s perceptions and attitudes regarding indigenous peoples through inspiring stories, and a shared love of sports.
- Hollis’ great-grandmother was part of the Jawoyn people, a group of seventeen clans with different dialects but comprising a shared traditional heritage and cultural history. They live near Katherine Gorge, in the Northern Territory, and are a tribe of “dreamers” who historically drew cave depictions of creation and tribal stories. The tribes have come together to preserve their native language, as it has been endangered through assimilation into modern Australian culture.
Struggles Growing Up :
- Because of her Indigenous background, Hannah was ostracized and even bullied at school when she attended an all-girls school in Canberra.
- She mentions that she was the only aboriginal in her high school, and therefore was not invited to birthday parties because they thought she would take their things. The experience pushed her to prove the bullies wrong and to speak up for injustice.
- With great strength, Hannah learned to embrace who she is and where she came from, and now she enjoys telling the stories of Indigenous peoples of Australia, combining her other loves: traveling and sports.
Net Worth, Salary & Career :
- In 2012, Hannah began working with Special Broadcasting Service as an Indigenous cadet and is an Indigenous News and Current Affairs team member.
- In 2014, she was part of the World Cup broadcast team and hosted the Indigenous surfing broadcast at Bells Beach, Australia, with the NSW Koori Knockout in Dubbo in 2015.
- In 2016, Hollis moved to Queensland and hosted the Rugby League show, and Sunday Footy Show. She grew up in a sports-loving family, playing basketball and following the Melbourne Storm and Canberra Raiders rugby teams avidly. Hannah works for Australia’s subscription FOX Sports News as a sports reporter for Queenslanders Only, and is currently co-hosting an all-female news line-up on League Life.
- She is excited about helping the next generation of Australian youth develop a love for rugby, just as she was inspired when National Rugby players came to her school when she was five. She states, I’m really passionate about making sure there are role models around …because I’ve always said, ‘you can’t be what you can’t see.
Trivia, Height & Interesting Facts :
- Hannah is a self-described caffeine enthusiast, has recently parachuted from a plane, enjoys biking the Outback trails, and was a runner and high jumper in school.
- She took the HOT ROD Challenge & completed it in an impressive 2.02 seconds.
Currently Not Married.