Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Allana Ferguson is an Australian TV presenter, panellist, sports commentator and former rugby player.
- An acclaimed Australian Jillaroos player, Allana was forced to retire in 2018 after multiple knee injuries. She is now an inspiring presence in the media, coaching those who want to follow her steps in becoming a rugby star.
Personal Life & Family Background :
- Born on 21st May 1993 in Australia, Allana started playing rugby when she was very young, around the age of 5.
- Her parents, Nina and Brett, and her three older brothers have always supported her through the ups and downs of her career as a professional sportswoman.
- Allana is married to a high school teacher, Guy McDermott. In 2019, they welcomed their first child, a baby boy named Parker.
- The couple went through a difficult time before Allana managed to get pregnant, as they were battling with an infertility problem. They decided to try IVF, which fortunately proved to work for them.
Early Life & Education :
- Growing up in Sutherland Shire, Allana feels like she has lived her whole life on the field, as all her older brothers were good rugby players.
- She had a hard time convincing her parents to let her play, but after watching her ace the game, they agreed to let their little girl pursue her dream. Allana soon joined the girls’ team & on turning 12, she became part of the boys’ competitions.
- The self-proclaimed footy head was a prodigious child as she was the youngest woman to play in women’s Australian Oztag when she was only 15 years old.
- As a professional National Rugby League (NRL) player, Allana decided to inspire the young people around her & decided to pursue a parallel career in education. She became a fully qualified Physical Education teacher and worked at Woolaware High School in Sydney.
Job, Salary & Net Worth :
- Starting her professional rugby career at a tender age, Allana managed to achieve impressive milestones in her career.
- In 2013, she represented her home country in Rugby Sevens and she even played in the rugby league becoming part of the prestigious Jillaroos – the Australia women’s national rugby league team. Her childhood dream came true when she signed a contract with Cronulla Sharks.
- Unfortunately, the talented rugby star suffered consecutive knee injuries at the ages of 15 and 17 and later on when she was 20.
- The last accident was too serious & forced her to give up her career as a player. The doctors who performed the surgery said that they would not be able to fix her joint again if another similar incident occurred.
- Upon learning that she will not be able to play again, Allana was devastated, but she soon recovered and focused her positive energy on a new career path in the media. She has worked as a regular panellist for her favourite show, The Sunday Footy Show on Nine Network, alongside some of her childhood heroes, Joe Jones and Freddy Fittler.
- Always involved in the community, Allana is an ambassador for The Fred Hollows Foundation – which is a non-profit organisation, which works in the treatment and prevention of blindness and other ophthalmological impairments.
- Among other important roles she fulfils, Ferguson is also an ambassador for Adidas Australia.
Fun Facts, Height & Trivia :
- When she was little, Allana dreamed she would play with Andrew Ettingshausen and Paul Gallen.
- MTV Fit Sessions had dedicated an episode to her, which aired in March 2017.
- According to an Instagram post, Allana and her husband are both big ‘Harry Potter’ fans – a recent post shows them both wearing Gryffindor uniforms.