Biography Profile / Wikipedia Information
- Louise ‘Lou’ Ransome is an Australian sports journalist, who worked for Fox Sports from October 2011 to March 2020. She hosted NRL Tonight alongside James Hooper, Lara Pitt and Megan Barnard & was also the presenter for The Golf Show.
- Since May 2020, she is a Sport Presenter working for Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
Personal Life, Trivia & Family Background :
- Louise Ransome is an only child & comes from a sporting family.
- She resides in Sydney, along with her partner Richard ‘Rich’ Bayliss. The couple bought a Federation Kensington home at a weekend auction in June 2017, for $1.83 million. Rich is the Head of Sport at Optus.
- Louise is a health and fitness fan and she frequently shares videos of her working out on her social media platforms.
- Away from sports coverage, she is interested in personal development and psychology. During her free time, she loves to travel and also spend time with friends and family.
- She also likes to be involved in charity work and is an Ambassador to Adopt Change, Australia. She describes this charity as a course that is close to her.
- This is primarily because her dad was also adopted into the family he has always known to be his until when he was 54 years old. Adopt Change is an organisation that seeks to ensure that more children are being taken into safe, loving and permanent homes.
Education & College :
- Louise is a holder of a number of certificates. She holds a Senior Certificate from Mt. St Michael’s College, Ashgrove where she studied from years 2000 to 2004. She also has a Certificate in Journalism.
- In 2005, she enrolled at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). She graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Advertising and Public Relations.
Professional Timeline : Salary & Net Worth
- Always being a sports fan, Louise has always worked in sports journalism. One of her major career highlights is when she went to cover the Rio Olympics held in 2016.
- Pursuing opportunities through the course of her career has seen her work for various stations. In 2008, Louise worked at the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) as a Sports Reporter up until 2010.
- Thereafter, she went in to work with WIN Television based in Launceston, Australia as a General News Reporter.
- In 2011, Louise worked as a Freelance Sports Reporter and Producer at Seven Network.
- She has also worked for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) where she mainly worked on the rugby coverage of ABC TV Sport’s Shute Shield.
- Till March 2020, she worked as a Sports Presenter and Reporter at Fox Sports in Sydney. She held multiple roles here – She was the host of Tomorrow’s News Tonight, was a sideline reporter for Super Rugby & was also a reporter on The Golf Show.
Awards & Controversies :
- In 2010, Louise won the Female Broadcaster Internship in the TV Sports Department in Sydney. This was a great opportunity as she travelled all over the country as well as internationally to do sports coverage for a year.
- In March 2016, Men’s Style Magazine had to issue an apology to Louise Ransome after a tweet that offended her was posted on their account. The tweet accused her of losing too much weight.
- The magazine, however, claimed that it was not their doing & that they had been hacked and proceeded to delete the tweet swiftly.