|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||As of 2022, she is around 35 years old. An old 2018 article and interview on her had mentioned her age back then as 31.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Husband / Engaged / Fiance / Partner||Currently not married. See dating details below.|
|What happened to Louise Ransome?||Currently, she is a Sport Presenter for ABC News. She also serves as a Courtside Reporter for the National Basketball League (NBL).|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
Wiki Biography / Profile Information
- Louise ‘Lou’ Ransome is an Australian sports journalist, who worked for Fox Sports from October 2011 to March 2020. She hosted NRL Tonight alongside James Hooper, Lara Pitt and Megan Barnard & was also the presenter for The Golf Show.
- Since May 2020, she is a Sport Presenter working for Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC).
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Louise Ransome is an only child & comes from a sporting family. She was born in Brisbane.
- She resides in Sydney, along with her partner Richard ‘Rich’ Bayliss. The couple bought a Federation Kensington home at a weekend auction in June 2017 for $1.83 million. Since September 2021, Rich serves as the Director of Content for APL. Prior to that, he was the Director of Sport at Optus Sport.
- Louise is a health and fitness fan, and she frequently shares videos of her working out on her social media platforms. She also has a friendly pet dog, a Golden Retriever named Ralf.
- Away from sports coverage, Ransome is interested in personal development and psychology. During her free time, she loves to travel and also spend time with friends and family.
- Louise also likes to be involved in charity work and is an Ambassador for Adopt Change in Australia. Adopt Change is an organisation that seeks to ensure that more children are being taken into safe, loving and permanent homes. She describes this charity as a course that is close to her.
- This is primarily because Louise’s dad Les was also adopted into the family he has always known to be his. He found this fact only when he was 54 years old. Having been adopted at six weeks of age, he grew up in a family with four other children.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Louise is a holder of a number of certificates. She holds a Senior Certificate from Mt St Michael’s College in Ashgrove, Queensland, where she studied from years 2000 to 2004. She also has a Certificate in Journalism.
- In 2005, she enrolled at the Queensland University of Technology (QUT). She graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Advertising and Public Relations.
Professional Timeline : Salary & Net worth
- Always being a sports fan, Louise has always worked in sports journalism. One of her major career highlights is when she went to cover the Rio Olympics held in 2016.
- Pursuing opportunities through the course of her career has seen her work for various stations. In 2008, Louise worked at the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) as a Sports Reporter up until 2010.
- Thereafter, she went in to work with WIN Television based in Launceston, Australia as a General News Reporter.
- In 2011, Louise worked as a Freelance Sports Reporter and Producer at Seven Network.
- She has also worked for the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) where she mainly worked on the rugby coverage of ABC TV Sport’s Shute Shield.
- Till March 2020, she worked as a Sports Presenter and Reporter at Fox Sports in Sydney. She held multiple roles here – She was the host of Tomorrow’s News Tonight, was a sideline reporter for Super Rugby & was also a reporter on The Golf Show.
- As a journalist, Lou is blazing a trail of her own, having covered big events like Super Rugby, the US Open, and the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio. She has met and interviewed some big sportsmen like Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.
Awards & Controversies :
- In 2010, Louise won the Female Broadcaster Internship in the TV Sports Department in Sydney. This was a great opportunity as she travelled all over the country as well as internationally to do sports coverage for a year.
- In March 2016, Men’s Style Magazine had to issue an apology to Louise Ransome after a tweet that offended her was posted on their account. The tweet accused her of losing too much weight.
- The magazine, however, claimed that it was not their doing & that they had been hacked and proceeded to delete the tweet swiftly.