Jessica Yates is a blonde bombshell, who is currently a popular TV presenter for the Fox News network, in her native country, Australia.
Parents, Family Background & Education :
- Jessica was born in the autumn of 1984.
- She is married to Luke Egan, an accomplished record-holding championship surfer who also hails from Australia. The two also have a young daughter named Isabelle.
- Luke and Jessica were married at Belle Helena, a farm located in a coastal town in New South Wales.
Education & Early Career :
- Jessica is by no means new to the world of reporting. She has earned a Bachelor of Broadcast Journalism degree from Charles Sturt University and a Masters in International Relations from Sydney University.
- Prior to joining Fox Sports, Yates had previously worked as a freelance reporter for Network Ten and Channel Seven.
Career with Fox, Salary & Net Worth :
- Jessica originally joined Fox Sports in November 2006. This was just one month after its launch.
- She joined from the now defunct Speed Channel to continue her love affair with all things motor racing and hosted the Fox’s motorsport coverage.
- She is also well-known for her passionate reporting on Fox Sports dedicated channel “Fox League”, co-hosting the weekly pre-game show NRL Sunday Ticket and the League Life series.
- Amongst her achievements as part of the Fox Sports reporting team is her hosting of Red carpet events for the NRL Dally M Awards, her regular boundary reporting role on race day, exclusive broadcast of the KFC Twenty20 Big Bash and hosting Fox Sports coverage of the Superbike World Championship. The latter she recounts as her greatest ever achievement in her sports broadcasting career.
- Other highlights include interviewing motorsport greats including Marc Marquez (Spanish Grand Prix motorcycle road racer and MotoGP world champion), Mark Webber (Australian former professional racing driver) and Daniel Ricciardo (Australian racing driver who is currently competing in Formula One for Red Bull Racing).
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- An avid surfing fan, Jessica has also covered the world surfing tour for Fox Sports and FUEL TV from Tahiti, Fiji, Bali and Portugal.
- She is by no means a short lady, standing at a height of 5′ 8.”
- Prior to a career in broadcasting, Jessica was once a trophy girl at Sydney’s Valvoline Raceway (NSW) during the early 2000s.
- Jessica is an ambitious lady! She once famously quoted: “My goal is to be one of the best – sorry – to be the best sports broadcaster.”
- Yates has also defended the role of women in the motorsport industry. She points to the number of women in the industry as an indication of the equality in the sport.
- She has further been vocal regarding the fashion worn by the wives and girlfriends of drivers and those in the motor racing industry by suggesting that they “need to cover up more.”
- The Nissan Pulsar was her first car. It had a manual gearbox & since then Yates loves driving manuals. Currently, she drives a Range Rover Sport.
- In a rare departure from her love for motor racing, Jessica counts Roger Federer as the person she would more like to interview.