Wiki Bio / Profile Information
- Kenneth Leonard is an American musician, producer and music director.
- Leonard is gradually becoming an icon in the industry and has been nominated for GMA Dove Award for Producer of the Year.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Kenneth is a native of Franklinton, North Carolina.
- He married his long-term girlfriend, the famous gospel musician Natasha Tameika “Tasha” Cobbs, in March 2017. Their wedding ceremony combined a Prelude in which Isaac Carree sang “Still in Love,” the Processional included Kierra Sheard singing “Bless the Broken Road,” and the Recessional with the same artist performing “ Make Me Better.”
- Tasha and Kenneth are a good example of how to make a blended family work, as he has three children from a previous marriage, and Tasha immediately and gracefully took her role as a step-mother.
- Leonard’s musical talents had him travel across the world in places like Africa, Australia, and Europe. However, he remains attached to his roots and works as the musical director for his church ‘Mt Zion Baptist Church’ and for his pastor Bryan Pierce.
- Kenneth’s mother is Ms. Sarah Arnetta Lewis, who shares a beautiful friendship with Tasha’s mom, Ms Bertha Cobbs.
Early Life and Education :
- Kenneth was always in love with the music realm, so he decided to pursue a career in this domain when he was quite young. However, for his education, he chose a different stream – Graduating from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- As a teenager, he attended Franklinton High School.
Career, Awards, Salary & Net worth :
- Kenneth is an amazing musician who manages to blend a variety of genres such as R&B, Pop, Gospel, and Jazz.
- Currently, he is working as a musical director, keyboardist, and vocalist for Grammy Award Winning Artists such as Anthony Hamilton and his wife, Tasha Cobbs.
- In the past, he has worked as the musical director for the 2012 Fresh Musical Festival together with Keith Sweat, SMV, Guy, KCi, and Jojo, as well as for the 2015 BMI Brunch with artists like VaShawn Mitchell, Jonathan McReynolds and Todd Dulaney.
- Apart from his music-oriented career, Leonard is also a businessman. In 2014, he founded his company Stage Right Productions, LLC., a backline rental company for musical production.
- Kenneth has also organized the mentorship conference HISound, which trains professional musicians in musical skills and industry know-how.
- His work was rewarded with a GMA Dove Award for ‘Urban Worship Album of the Year’.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Kenneth says that his favorite instrument to play is a Nord Stage 2 88 Key/Piano 2. He claims that this instrument gives him the warmth he desires in his performance without diminishing the true piano sound.
- Before getting married, Tasha and Kenneth decided to go to pre-marital counseling.
- Their wedding was a surprise to everyone as the family and friends invited to the ceremony thought they were gathering for a simple private dinner.
- On Instagram, the couple has created the hashtag #leonard2infinity, which they’ve used for all their photos together or related to their wedding.