|Personal Details Summary|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||July 7, 1986. As of 2023, he is around 37 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Wife / Spouse / Partner||Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||2|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||Black|
|Where does Preston Perry live?||Preston Perry adopted Christianity after attending a sermon at a church in Decatur, Georgia at age 16. Since then, he has lived on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois.|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- Preston Perry is an American teacher, Christian poet, spoken word artist, and photographer.
- He is married to fellow Christian poet and spoken word artist Jackie Hill Perry.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Preston Perry was born on July 7, 1986, in Chicago, Illinois, where he also grew up. He currently still resides on the South Side of Chicago.
- When he was sixteen, Preston attended his first-ever sermon in Decatur, Georgia, where he lived at the time. This was a catalyst in his life, and at the age of twenty, Preston was called to the gospel and attended Trinity International University, in Deerfield, Illinois, where he studied Christian ministry.
- In 2009, he attended the Lyricist Lounge spoken word event, where he met the woman who would become his wife, Jackie Hill. Jackie performed her first-ever spoken-word piece there, and Preston also performed a piece.
- In August 2013, Preston proposed to Jackie with a spoken word piece performed at the same event where they initially met, the Lyricist Lounge. The proposal poem was called ‘The Covenant’.
- Jackie and Preston were married in March 2014, and since then, they had two children – Daughters, Eden and Autumn.
Sermons, Earnings and Net worth :
- Preston has been a sought-after spoken word artist for years, frequently performing at some of the biggest spoken word events in the country.
- He is very involved with P4CM, the Passion for Christ Movement, and has created thought-provoking and relatable pieces such as New Woke Christian.
- On June 7, 2016, Preston started his YouTube channel, where he ministers on a variety of topics, as well as sharing his poetry.
- He also has a podcast with his wife, Jackie Hill Perry, 30 Minutes with the Perrys, a short and straightforward show about a variety of topics, such as theology, parenting, relationships, race, and politics.
- Preston also embarked alongside Jackie on the 2019 Poets in Autumn Tour, the largest spoken word and poetry tour in the world, spanning showings from Arkansas, USA to South Africa.
Life Changing Events :
- Before encountering the gospel and changing his life, Preston had a troubled past – He became a drug dealer at the age of twelve and was already in a gang by the time he turned fourteen.
- At age 20, Preston witnessed the death of a friend in the aftermath of a shooting. This was the final trigger that made him relocate to Chicago and change his life.
- Perry credits Gary Brown, also a reformed former gang member, with being his guide on this new path. Gary Brown also introduced Preston to pastor Brian Dye, who saw leadership potential in him. As Gary guided him, Perry now teaches other younger men the ways of discipleship.
- He wrote a piece dedicated to the memory of Michael Brown entitled Dear Michael Brown, in the aftermath of Brown’s death in 2014.
Kyle Idleman Age【 Wikipedia 】Family, Salary Net worth, Wife Married
Roberts Liardon Wiki, Age, Ministries【 Bio 】Wife, Married, Family
Emerson Eggerichs Biography Wikipedia, Net worth, Age, Wife Sarah
Pastor Chris Hodges Net worth, Wikipedia, Age, Son, House, Family, Wife
Pastor Mark Hankins Age, Birthday, Wife【 Wikipedia 】Family, Grandson
Joseph Solomon Wiki, Age, Girlfriend, Wife, Married, Bio, Married, Merch
Pastor Jimmy Evans Wikipedia, Family, Age, Net worth, Wife, Bio
Dr. Steven J Lawson Wiki, Age, Marriage Wife【 Biography 】Net worth
Kenneth Leonard【 Wikipedia Biography 】Age, Family, Net worth, Wife