Wiki Biography / Profile Information
Kyle Idleman is an American pastor. He is also a published author and a presenter.
Personal Life, Parents & Family Background :
- Kyle Idleman was born on March 4, 1976, in Louisville, Kentucky, to Kaylene (mother) and Ken Idleman (father).
- Parents : Kyle’s father, Ken Idleman, is a pastor, as well as the leader of a prestigious Bible college – Ozark Christian College. Ken also mentors and counsels ministry leaders.
- For his education, Kyle attended the Ozark Christian College.
- Kyle has two siblings, and they are also leaders in the Christian community.
- He has been married to his wife, DesiRae Idleman since 1996, and together they have four children: daughters Morgan Idleman, Mackenzie, and Macy, and son Kael. In May 2020, Morgan got married to her husband, Harrison Dale.
- Pastor Kyle continues to live and work in Louisville, Kentucky, his hometown.
Church, Sermons & Books :
- Having been raised in a church-oriented family, it is no wonder that Kyle continued in the tradition of the family business.
- When he was twenty-two, Kyle could find no preaching work in his surroundings, so he planted his own church in Los Angeles County, California, with an initial group of twenty-two people that were previously part of the congregation of the Shepherd of the Hills Church. His church plant slowly grew to over one thousand in congregation.
- Two years after establishing his church plant, Kyle moved on to join the fifth largest church (also known as a megachurch) in America, the Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky, where he carried out the role of teaching assistant. Kyle spends every weekend there preaching to over 22,000 attendees.
- In March 2019, Pastor Dave Stone, the lead pastor of Southeast Christian Church, gave the reigns over to Kyle, citing that no one was more prepared for taking over leadership of the megachurch. Stone had been a servant of the Southeast Christian Church for over thirty years & and he was in a leadership role for over thirteen years, until the moment he relinquished the role to Kyle.
- Kyle is also an author and has written four books, including the bestsellers Not A Fan and The End OF Me, as well as AHA: Awakening Honesty Action and Gods At War.
- Furthermore, Pastor Kyle collaborated with the production company City on a Hill Studio to write and create seven video Bible study curricula. Two of the seven pieces were laureated: The Easter Experience and the H20: A Journey of Faith.
- He also spends much of his time on public speaking at conferences across the nation.
Interesting Facts, Height & Trivia :
- Kyle met Caleb Kaltenbach, the senior pastor at the Discovery Church in Simi Valley, California, while they both attended the Ozark Christian College. Later on, he advised Kaltenbach to write a book about his experience coming to terms with growing up within the LGBT community and being a devout Christian. Kyle wrote the foreword for the book.
- Idleman’s book, Not A Fan, sold over a million copies, though he did not expect it to even reach five thousand!