|Personal Information Summary
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB
|June 21, 1964. As of 2024, he is around 60 years old.
|Wedding & Marriage / Wife / Spouse / Partner
|Married. Check the full bio for relationship details.
|Where did Chris Hodges go to college?
|He has a BA degree from Colorado Christian University.
|Children / No. of Kids
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race
Pastor Chris Hodges is an American pastor. He is also the founder and the lead pastor of the Church of the Highlands in Birmingham, Alabama.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Pastor Chris Hodges was born on June 21, 1964.
- In 1986, Pastor Chris married Tammy Hornsby, daughter of the late William Hornsby. William was the President of the Association of Related Churches, and later a teaching pastor at his son in law’s Church of the Highlands.
- Pastor Chris has five children with his wife Tammy – Michael, Joseph, Sarah, David, and Jonathan Hodges.
- He lives in Birmingham, Alabama, with his family.
Church, Sermons Work, Salary and Net Worth :
- In 1984, Pastor Chris started off as a youth pastor in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, at the Bethany World Prayer Center.
- In 1987, he moved on to Colorado Springs, Colorado, where he served as the youth pastor within the New Life Church.
- He returned to the Bethany World Prayer Centre in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, in 1994, where he became the associate pastor. During this time, he was also the host of a television program that aired daily, called Lifeline.
- Pastor Chris established the Church of the Highlands in 2001, having moved to Birmingham, Alabama, in 2000. He spent a year planning to open the church, co-founding the Association of Related Churches, which at first helped find those who would become part of his ministry, and then served to connect churches all over the United States of America.
- Church of the Highlands was initially started with a group of just thirty-four people and has now expanded to hold a congregation of over sixty thousand people, with even more attending services weekly! They also have over There were over 20 satellite campuses.
- Pastor Chris is also on the board of directors of EQUIP, a non-profit ministry established by brothers John and Larry Maxwell that occupies itself with preparing ministry leaders.
- He is also the founder and acting president of the Highlands College, a training school that acts as a stepping stone for those pursuing ministry careers.
- Pastor Chris has two published books so far as an author – Four Cups and Fresh Air. He frequently travels to attend various conferences and events.
Fun Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Pastor Chris held the first service of his newly established Church of the Highlands in the auditorium of the Mountain Brook High School in February 2001.
- Church of the Highlands got its own campus in 2007, and it quickly skyrocketed as one of the fastest-growing congregations across the nation. It now has over 22 campuses across the state.
- Pastor Chris is a big proponent of welcoming non-believers into the church and reaching out to them to bring them within the fold.
- He also created the GROW network, which gives training and resources to upcoming churches and pastors.
- In 2018, Pastor Chris’ son Michael was welcomed back into the fold of the ministry after being thrown out due to immoral behavior.