Dianne Sawaya is an experienced attorney & the founder at The Law Offices of Dianne L. Sawaya LLC. She was born and raised in Denver, Colorado, where her office is now based too.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Dianne Sawaya was born on January 16, 1954, in Denver, Colorado, to parents George Sawaya (father) and Jacqueline M. Sawaya (mother).
- She has an older brother, Michael Sawaya, who also has his own law firm, and a sister, Alice Rock, a fashion consultant in Denver.
- Her two other siblings, Judy Ginger and Kenneth Sawaya, passed away in different incidents, an automobile accident in 1975 and a plane crash in 1978.
- Dianne’s father, George Sawaya (born in 1927) met her mother in Trinidad, CO, and Dianne’s brother was born there before the family decided to move to Denver. The couple started a successful business making truck equipment while George, a musician at heart, would play jazz at night.
- Her dad George passed away from heart disease in 2011, and her mother, Jacqueline, passed away in her sleep in Denver, Colorado, in August 2017.
- Dianne realized her dream of being a lawyer when she was just a child after coming across the iconic Family Circus cartoon that shows the little girl saying, “When I grow up, I don’t want to be a lady – I want to be a lawyer!”
- Sawaya was accepted into the University of Colorado Boulder as a pre-med student. She graduated from there with a graduate degree and then went on to receive her Juris Doctor from the University Of Denver College Of Law.
Law Firm : Net Worth, Clients & Settlements
- Dianne started working while finishing up her law degree as a law clerk for a Denver District Court judge.
- She was also previously associated with her brother, Michael Sawaya’s law firm, The Sawaya Law Firm. She started her own practice in 2005, The Law Offices of Dianne L. Sawaya LLC.
- Dianne is licensed to practice law in Colorado and the District of Columbia. She has even served as an elected representative in Washington and has covered a wide range of state legislatures.
- Her practice focuses on mostly personal injury cases, which includes victims of car crashes, hit and runs, injury at the workplace, etc.
- Dianne is also a founding member of NAMIL, i.e. The National Association of Motorcycle Injury Lawyers.
- Her practice awards a scholarship to undergraduate students studying in Denver for $1000, for which a minimum GPA is not required. Students who want to apply for it have to send in a short video or write an essay about various safe-driving practices.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Dianne has an interest in watching sports and supports her local teams like the Denver Nuggets Basketball team, the Colorado Avalanche Hockey Team and the Denver Broncos Football Team.
- Her favorite cuisines to eat are Lebanese and Italian Food. She also loves watching Anthony Bordain. Her she also enjoys watching movies such as the Seabiscuit and Rocky series.
- Dianne’s parents were married for 63 years! The couple built a successful business in Denver, traveled extensively, and raised five successful children during their 6-decades-old marriage.