James Scott Farrin is an experienced American attorney. He is also the founder, president, and CEO of the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- James Scott Farrin was born to a Presbyterian minister and social worker mother and a father working in marketing and international sales.
- Due to his father’s work, James’ family moved to many different countries while he was growing up. James lived in nine different countries across Europe and North America by the time he had celebrated his sixteenth birthday!
- James is currently residing in Hillsborough, Orange County, North Carolina, with his wife, Robin, and their two daughters, as well as the two family dogs, a Boston Terrier and a Golden Retriever.
- James also has two grown-up stepchildren from a previous relationship living in New York City and Washington, D.C., respectively.
Qualifications and Early Career :
- James attended Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, from where he graduated in 1985 with a Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy.
- He then moved to where he would later establish his roots, Durham in North Carolina, to attend Duke University in Durham, where he earned his ‘Doctor of Law (Juris Doctor)’ degree with honors in 1990.
- Post his education, James began practicing as a lawyer in Los Angeles, California, at business litigation law firms. After five years there, James returned to Durham, North Carolina, and joined the Finesse Couch ’84 practice.
James Scott Farrin Reviews & Office Details :
- In 1997, James founded the Law Offices of James Scott Farrin. The firm specializes in personal injury law, and employs over 200 people, of which over 40 are attorneys at law.
- The firm has also expanded through the years to fourteen offices across North Carolina.
- James’ most famous case was the one referred to as “In Re Black Farmers Discrimination Litigation (‘Farmers’),” in which some African-American farmers sued the U.S. government for alleged racial discrimination regarding farm loan decisions made between 1983 and 1997.
- James spent six years and a considerable amount of his own funds on the case, playing a considerable role in administration duties and in hiring the litigation team. He still refers to this as ‘the case of a lifetime.’
- Since the case was settled in 2013, James has continued getting involved in cases that have the potential to make a big difference to society.
Interests and Trivia :
- When he’s not working, James enjoys physical activities- he plays golf, loves traveling, and spending time at the beach.
- James considers himself a combination of his mother and father when it comes to his professional life. He has successfully merged his father’s business sense with his mother’s passion for making a difference in the world as a social worker.
- A fan of basketball, James supports the Duke Blue Devils.
- James is still connected to his alma mater, the Duke University Law School, and has cited a few of his erstwhile professors who provided advice on his cases.