Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Sam Bernstein is an American attorney who is the founder of a long-standing law firm specializing in personal injury, The Sam Bernstein Law Firm, which was initially known as The Law Offices of Sam Bernstein.
Personal Life : Parents, Family and Education
- Samuel Isaac Bernstein was born in 1944 in Detroit, Michigan, to Mandell Bernstein, the founder of the Bernstein family of lawyers.
- Growing up in Detroit, Sam attended Mumford High School, on the northwest side of Detroit.
- He then studied at Michigan State University in East Lansing, Michigan. He graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree in education and political science.
- He followed that up by studying law at Wayne State University Law School in Detroit. He graduated in 1968 and was admitted to the bar.
- Sam married Susan Nelson, and together they had three children who have all worked for the firm – Mark Bernstein, Beth Bernstein, and Richard Bernstein.
- Mark and Beth can still be found working there, but their brother Richard left in 2014 when he became part of the Michigan Supreme Court as a justice.
Career, Firm’s Success and Net Worth :
- Post graduation, Sam founded his practice in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
- The firm now has two offices in the Metro Detroit area and has over one hundred employees. The practice deals mostly with personal injury law cases, as well as disability and social security rights, and has even had cases dealing with medical malpractice.
- The firm has also dealt with several notable cases through its four decades. Many of these cases involved suits against huge institutions, such as the Detroit Department of Transport, the University of Michigan’s stadium, Road Commission for Oakland County (RCOC), Northwest Airlines and Wayne County Airport Authority, the American Bar Association, the International triathlon union, and even the City of New York and New York City Department of Transportation.
- These standout suits were primarily bringing to attention issues of discrimination and accessibility affecting disabled people, as well as those dealing with grievous injuries.
- Sam has retired from the firm, but the team of excellent lawyers there carries on his family’s legacy.
Interesting Facts, Height and Trivia :
- Sam’s wife Susan is the daughter of Estelle Koblin-Nelson, who was admitted into the Michigan Bar in 1936 as one of the first female attorneys in the state.
- Sam’s son Richard H. Bernstein was born legally blind due to retinitis pigmentosa, a genetic disorder that breaks down eye retina cells. He is the first blind justice in the state of Michigan, and one of three in the country.
- Besides his work in the legal field, Bernstein also conducts law lectures for colleges, law schools, organizations, and bar associations.
- Sam is a licensed lawyer across the states of Florida, New York, Illinois, Ohio, and Michigan. He is a member of the Michigan Bar Association, the Ohio Bar Association, and the Illinois Bar Association.
- Sam’s father, Mandell, has been a huge influence and inspiration for Sam, both personally and professionally. The firm has been styled according to Mandell’s precepts.
Larry H Parker Wikipedia, Net Worth, Reviews, Wife, Age, Dead, Bio
Glen Lerner Net Worth, Age (Attorney Bio Wikipedia) Height, Wife, House
James Scott Farrin Wiki, Settlements Net Worth, Phone Number, Age
Darryl Isaacs "The Hammer" Net Worth, Wiki, House, Reviews, Family
Gordon Mckernan Net Worth, Family, Attorneys, Salary, Wife, Wiki Bio, Age
David Gruber Lawyer, Net Worth, Wife, Age, Health, Biography, Salary
George Sink Attorney :: Net Worth, Age, Lawyer Reviews, Biography, Wife
Dianne Sawaya Bio, Law Firm Reviews, Wiki, Age, Brother Mike Sawaya
I was so impressed by the caring and concerned attitude I received from your group. I was attacked by a bullmastiff and injured. I was so happy you were able to settle out of court and got me way more than I expected. Thank you so much for your help and support. I hope I never need you again but if something happens I will definitely call your firm. Thank you for everything!
Thank you so much for dragging me thru seven months of hell after I was hit by a Semi-Truck and leaving me with all of these bills and not even meeting with me once. We will meet again. I still have pain. I was completely healthy before this accident, and now I will never be the same again. I guess you were not going to make a million off of me. I thought your family had so much heart and soul into all of your cases. I was wrong. You did what you did, and it is done.
Live with it, and so will I.
I have an oops, I did leave out Richard, I am so sorry!
I hold your family in high esteem. I have told my husband several times…if I ever need an attorney, I would ask you to represent me. But, I hope I would never need you, I know you understand.
Also, the ads that you have running now, it the best ever. You put the focus on us, potential clients!
Thank you to each person on your team…I am impressed, very glad to read about each one of your, family, Mandell, Sam & wife Susan, Mark & Beth. I hope I didn’t forget anyone.
Any, I admire your whole family and will be praying for you all.