Wikipedia Biography / Profile Background
Introduction and Family Life :
- Irika Sargent is an Emmy award-winning news anchor, currently working for the CBS affiliate WBBM-Channel 2 in Chicago.
- Born in 1980, she grew up in Kansas City, Missouri. She has a younger brother, who is a graduate of Northwestern University.
- Her parents were the first generation in their families to go to college, and they always inspired her to strive for similar success.
- In October 2019, Irika got married to Dorian Orr. The wedding took place at the Haiku Mill on the island of Maui in Hawaii. The ceremony took place in front of 60 guests.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Sargent graduated from the University of Missouri with a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism.
- She then earned a Juris Doctor from Cornell Law School and was admitted to the New York Bar.
Career, Salary, Net worth & Professional Life :
- Sargent began her career as a reporter – anchor at KOMU-TV, the NBC affiliate in Columbia, Missouri, from 2000 – 2002. She also spent some time at the London bureau of NBC News.
- She chose to pursue a law degree to assist her journalism career, & became a Cornell-educated Licensed Attorney. She then practiced law for four years from 2006 – 2010 in New York City at the Greenberg Traurig LLP law firm.
- She had the opportunity to stand in New York federal and state courts, as well as the New York Division of Human Rights and National Labor Relations Board. Additionally, she set aside time to provide free legal services to non-profit groups and underserved communities.
- She reentered journalism as a reporter/ legal show anchor at WPMI-TV, an NBC affiliate in Mobile, Alabama, from Jan 2010 – Jul 2011. She quickly moved on to be the weekend news anchor and reporter at KPRC-TV, another NBC affiliate in Houston, from Aug 2011 – May 2014.
- Thereafter, Irika moved to Miami and became the news anchor at 5 and 11 p.m. at CBS-owned WFOR-TV. She was also seen on Channel 4’s weekly public affairs show “Focus on South Florida” and contributed a weekly news segment called “Legally Speaking”.
- In Oct 2015, she accepted a position at the anchor desk at CBS-owned WBBM-Channel 2. She has had opportunities to cover major events such as the Grammys, as well as the Democratic National Convention.
- In addition to her position at WBBM, she is an active Master of Ceremonies and is often asked to host & present at many different events, with the majority of them centered around women and charities.
Fun Facts and Trivia :
- Irika is a black belt holder in ‘Tae Kwon Do’ and was actually a state representative when she was actively training. She still incorporates martial arts in her everyday workouts.
- She is also an amateur photographer and hangs her own work in her house.
- She was twice a guest on the daytime TV show The Talk.
- Supporter of several non-profit organizations, including the United Way, Habitat for Humanity, Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Organization and The American Cancer Society. She is also a member of the National Association of Black Journalists.
Personal / Home Details
- Married? : Yes
- Children / No of Kids : –
- Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race : Black
- Nationality : American
Rhiannon Ally Age, Bio Wiki, Husband, Salary, Baby【 KSHB 】Married
Leigh Spann Wikipedia, Age, Husband, Salary, Height, Family, Tampa Bio
Shyann Malone【 Bio Wiki 】Husband, Baby, Height, Age, Net worth
Lissette González Age, Husband, Wiki Bio, Miami, Baby【 Wikipedia 】
Jasmina Marazita Wikipedia: Birthday, Bio, Age, Baby, Edad, Biografía
Jim Defede Wikipedia Bio, Married, Age, Wife【 Weight loss 】Net worth
Bianca Peters Age, Bio Wikipedia, Husband, Married【 FOX 5 Salary 】
Kelly Blanco Wikipedia, Age, Birthday, Married, Bio ( NBC 6 ) Husband
Roxanne Vargas Age, Wikipedia Bio, Husband, Height【 NBC 6 】Parents