Biography Profile / Background Information
- Lissette Gonzalez might just be the only broadcast meteorologist who can actually sing on key in the rain and have her audience begging for more!
- The talented Lissette has been a beauty pageant winner, off-broadway actress, recording artist, and TV host, who is now gladly back in her hometown.
- She got married to her husband, Antonio Chinchilla, on March 17, 2013. Antonio is a financial analyst who is also an active community and charity supporter.
- The couple has two girls, Elise and Sofia.
Early Life & Education :
- Gonzalez is a Florida native and grew up in Miami. She obtained her meteorologist degree in 2001 from Mississippi State University, graduating with honors.
- Lissette’s early goals included being either a TV anchor, a singer, an actor on Broadway! Thankfully, she came from a supportive Cuban family who encouraged her dreams, no matter how far-fetched.
- She has always been passionate about the stage, communication, and the arts. Her broadcasting and entertainment career has been noteworthy on both a local and national level.
- Originally interested in pageants to fund her collegiate goals, she enjoyed the experience of public performances. She won Miss Miami and Miss Florida contests, and was the second runner-up to Miss America in 1998. The beauty pageant wins also helped her pay for college.
Musical Steps…Career Begins :
- Gonzalez’s dual degree in Broadcast Journalism and Music-Vocal Performance took her to a Latin musical Off-Broadway role as Maria in 4 Guys Named Jose and Una Mujer named Maria, with famed singer Enrique Iglesias. This was way back in the early 2000s!
- Her acclaim and positive reviews in that role led her to a record deal in 2001 with RCA, where she traveled to New York, Miami, and Los Angeles to work with Grammy-award-winning music producers and songwriters.
- She kicked off her broadcast career by hosting Miami’s UMTV and Miami Hoy while a student at The University of Miami.
Professional Progress, Salary & Net Worth :
- Lissette credits her career not only to being in the right place at the right time but also to being prepared, educated, and passionate about what she does.
- Like most Floridians, she remembers being glued to the television during hurricane season and what an impact the weather made on her community.
- She feels a sense of responsibility to report the weather. Lissette is a member of The National Weather Association and American Meteorological Society.
- Lissette started at KTLA’s Los Angeles evening news as the weather anchor, receiving an Emmy for her host of the Latin KTLA’s Access LA, and then moved back to her hometown of Miami. She has served as the morning and afternoon meteorologist for CBS4 Miami since 2007.
Awards, Height & Other Trivia :
- Gonzalez has been recognized in her field due to her charming, charismatic personality and award-winning smile, frequently compared to that of Julia Roberts!
- Quite active in the community, she has received an International Medal of Merit Award. Her long-time role model is Oprah Winfrey, who she says has “done it all, being an actress, producer, TV host, philanthropist, and the list goes on.”
- Lissette is still passionate about music & had the honor of performing the National Anthem at the Marlins, Dolphins, and Heat games.
- Gonzalez is an avid runner and health enthusiast.
- For most days of the week, she gets up at 3 AM to prepare for her morning broadcast!