Roxanne Vargas Wikipedia, Husband, Age, Bio, Height【NBC 6】Parents
Birthday / Age / Date of Birth / DOB
Biography Profile / Wiki Information
- Roxanne a.k.a Roxy Vargas is an American newscaster for NBC 6, best known for being the host of 6 in the Mix , a lifestyle and entertainment show.
- She is a great supporter of the LGBT movement and is also a published author of the popular book 100 Things to do in Miami Before you Die.
Family Background & Personal Life :
- As as South Florida native, Vargas grew up in Miami. She attended the Monsignor Pace High School before going to the Florida International University. Vargas graduated with a degree in broadcast journalism.
- Roxanne is married to Danny Rodriguez, who is NBC 6 Senior Graphics Producer. The couple have two sons; the older is Julian and the younger is Sebastian who was born three weeks early.
- Her experience as a mother is sometimes portrayed in her talk show ‘Six in the Mix’. For example, during her first pregnancy, she did a slot about pre-natal yoga and she dressed up as an oven to announce her second pregnancy.
Job, Career, Salary & Net Worth :
- Roxanne started her broadcast career with NBC in 2003 but she only joined the NBC 6 news team later on in 2006. She has covered a lot of topics over her years as broadcaster, doing both national and local news.
- Formerly, on the 5am NBC 6 news, she is currently the weekday morning anchor as well as talk show host for 6 in the Mix . Vargas also broadcasts on ‘Acceso Total’, an entertainment show in Spanish. This is broadcasted through Telemundo 51, NBC 6’s sister station in Spanish.
- With no less than ten Emmy nominations for reporting and hosting, she won two Emmy Awards for her reports on the Art Basel and NASCAR special edition programmes.
Awards & Achievements :
- Vargas was inducted into Donna Karan’s ‘Women Who Inspire’ program in 2014 for her community work. She joined other famous celebrities like Demi Moore and Brooke Shields.
- For her work, Roxanne was honored by the Girls Scouts of Southeast Florida with a community leadership award. She is also on the Board for Girl Scouts of Tropical Florida.
- The Mayor of the City of Miami awarded her the keys to the city in 2018.
Roxanne’s Book :
- Vargas shows her love for her native Miami in a book sharing her favorite tips, restaurants and experiences in the city. It took her over a year to compile all the recommendations and the book also gives readers a glimpse into her personal life.
- Readers will find out that Vargas loves Led Zeppelin, has a thing for vinyl and visits Sweet Records, a popular record store in Miami, on a regular basis. She also mentions that her son was born with Led Zeppelin playing in the background of the delivery suite.
- Roxanne also suggested experiences such as attending and dressing up in cosplay for Florida Supercon and to visit Fox’s Sherron Inn, which is the second oldest bar in Miami.
- There are other tips on a variety of restaurants including Vargas and her husband, Danny, favorite food truck, Pincho Man.
Support for LGBT Community :
- Vargas is a great supporter of LGBT community in Miami. She feels blessed hat she has a platform as a tv personality to inform the community of LGBT issues and wins.
- For her tireless work and fundraising efforts, Vargas has been awarded the ‘Pink Flamingo Award’ for Favorite Media Personality three times. The award is presented a benefit event for the LGBT Visitor Center.
- She was also the Ally Grand Marshall for the Miami Beach Gay Pride for 2018.
No confirmed information available.
Marriage & Wedding / Husband / Engaged / Fiance
Currently Married. See above for details.